Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Da House!!

Options
  • 26-04-2016 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Let's turn it up!!

I'm having a houseparty tonight. Well, it's just a small gathering, me and the dog.

Do you have houseparties? Mad ones with some eejit dancing naked in the garden with a fishbox on their heads or lounging around in housecoats smoking and solving the ills of the world in a ganja haze?

Tell us, ffs!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Woo hoo just put on LCD Soundsystem's Someone Great and cranked it up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Go home, you're drunk!!

Oh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Turn it down FFS! Some of us have work in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No, don't like other people in my house, wouldn't answer the door to my own family at times. *hides behind couch until they leave*:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Advertisement

I have had house parties. They kinda ended in the late 00s, when one guy pulled a very large knife on another and I spent the following day cleaning up drugs paraphernalia and used condoms from under beds. But did get to see about 30 pairs of hands go up in the air in my kitchen when I stuck this on at about 4am...ah great times...

http://youtu.be/XiMrrleH_hI

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Housecoats? Lamb of Jaysus, it's a dressing gown :mad:

Woo hoo just put on LCD Soundsystem's Someone Great and cranked it up.

It should be played just slightly speeded up. It's like Alan Braxe and Fred Falco's "Intro"...they just didn't get the pace of it right...

Just...no.

But was at parties where Windowlicker was played...and well received. But Donkey Rhubarb is his ultimate party tune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

kfallon wrote: »
    Housecoats? Lamb of Jaysus, it's a dressing gown :mad:
    Who ever achieved world peace in a dressing gown?:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Surely, in a classy establishment such as yours, they would be wearing smoking jackets?

Oh wait, I've mixed you up with Aongus again haven't I? Always make that mistake...

maudgonner wrote: »
    Surely, in a classy establishment such as yours, they would be wearing smoking jackets?

Oh wait, I've mixed you up with Aongus again haven't I? Always make that mistake...
    Yeah, I do my own decorating!:P

Moar tunes

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

you shoulda told us yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Kiss me Maryanne quickly.

Look what the cat dragged in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Look what the cat dragged in!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Last house party I ended up in ended with some utter bollocks taking out the vodka and a bottle of limoncello and declaring that to be the best **** to experiment with.
    It resulted in one guy head diving into a rubbish bin, another bursting his lip open a la hangover movie, another taking a 2 hour walk home when he lived around the corner and the other waking up at home with zero recollection of how he got home or why he had a badly written nite strapped to his chest along with stupid ass selfies of the practically deceased body.
    To be fair, everyone agreed to my new vodka limoncello mix :)
    I highly recommend you never mix those two drinks.

bear1 wrote: »
    Last house party I ended up in ended with some utter bollocks taking out the vodka and a bottle of limoncello and declaring that to be the best **** to experiment with.
    It resulted in one guy head diving into a rubbish bin, another bursting his lip open a la hangover movie, another taking a 2 hour walk home when he lived around the corner and the other waking up at home with zero recollection of how he got home or why he had a badly written nite strapped to his chest along with stupid ass selfies of the practically deceased body.

There's only one intro that lemony pish would be getting at a party of mine, an introduction to the sink!

Anybody ever make a feed for a crowd of fifty people with nothing but something like spaghetti hoops and sausages fried in Harp Lager? I did that once, and everyone must have thought I was a miracle worker, because to a man and woman they all exclaimed 'Jesus!!' when I slapped it down in front of them.

And still, not a joint?

In my partying days, the beginning, middle and end of the party involved drugs. Not class A stuff, but coke (hated it), MDMA, E, a few joints etc. Not mixing Italien liqueurs with vodka...

• Advertisement

There's only one intro that lemony pish would be getting at a party of mine, an introduction to the sink!

Anybody ever make a feed for a crowd of fifty people with nothing but something like spaghetti hoops and sausages fried in Harp Lager? I did that once, and everyone must have thought I was a miracle worker, because to a man and woman they all exclaimed 'Jesus!!' when I slapped it down in front of them.

Did food once, think it was something fattening cant remember though. But I do remember making vodka jelly babies.
    You get a pack of jelly babies and a bottle of vodka.
    Put all the jellies into a bowl and the pour the vodka on top until they are all submerged.
    Stick them into the fridge for 24 hours.
    Then when you remove them you should see no vodka left and the jellies will have grown.
    Then plough into them.
    I might be an alcoholic now that I think about it.

And still, not a joint?

In my partying days, the beginning, middle and end of the party involved drugs. Not class A stuff, but coke (hated it), MDMA, E, a few joints etc. Not mixing Italien liqueurs with vodka...

There was weed yeah but I ****in hate the stuff so I only smoked two.
    Then mixed vodka with the limoncello and away ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Arthur Dent.

endacl wrote: »
    Arthur Dent.

Look how that turned out!:pac:

Add some Mari Mayans Spanish Absinthe to that mix and you have the makings of an intergalactic gargle blaster. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I never have parties in my own house. I like it too much to let it get wrecked plus I prefer to take my recreational drugs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I used to smoke fish in a box out the back of your house. You weren't even born then. Ask your mother if it was any bother. Check your birth cert.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

When I was about 8 or 9, I remember my brother and his mates talking about going to a "hop".

It was a house party that a teenager would have at their house. I thought it was a party were everyone brought a pogo stick or a space hopper and jumped all night to music. I really wanted to go to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Keep that pogo hopper, it might come in handy yet.

Space was the previous last frontier. Now, apparently, it's inside of us. Trip yourself up. Who knew? They did - but did they tell us? Like fup they did.

Go to bed, they said.
    Sat on the stairs we did.
    With our space sticks -
    Obviously... (well, hiding that stuff, but you know what I mean)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Add some Mari Mayans Spanish Absinthe to that mix and you have the makings of an intergalactic gargle blaster. :D

I am picturing the scene in Interstellar when they are entering the black hole.

Advertisement