Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does using a relatives ID work when you're underage?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm one year too young to go into this nightclub (I'm 17) in Dublin and I want to use my cousins ID who's 3 years older than me and we get mistaken for sisters a lot... Could using her ID work for entry or no ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

like, totally for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm one year too young to go into this nightclub (I'm 17) in Dublin and I want to use my cousins ID who's 3 years older than me and we get mistaken for sisters a lot... Could using her ID work for entry or no ??

Fraudulent use.

Age restrictions are there for a reason.

Not a good idea to be honest op.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are there really nightclubs in Dublin that allow under 21 iD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Your still in bother if the nightclub is over 21??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You're missing nothing!

In twenty years time you'll be wishing you did better with your teenage years and you'll be giving out about youngwans growing up too fast like a bitter twisted old fart!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen girls use ID's that looked nothing like them to get into clubs because of make up and them dying their hair!

I think Sonia put it best....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You choose this as your second post since 2014???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

You're missing nothing!

In twenty years time you'll be wishing you did better with your teenage years and you'll be giving out about youngwans growing up too fast like a bitter twisted old fart!!

That's nonsense. I hardly went as a teen. Actually I never did and I regret it.

Go enjoy yourself OP. Have one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Regulars only tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could work for entry and then some poor punter gets done for rape as he assumes everyone in the club is 18.

just realised I'm twice as old as the OP is pretending to be...

Anyone see Countdown today?

Could work for entry and then some poor punter gets done for rape as he assumes everyone in the club is 18.

You mean Statutory Rape? The age of consent is 17, and that offence has been changed.

Age of consent is 17!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mansize wrote: »
    You mean Statutory Rape? The age of consent is 17, and that offence has been changed.

I thought it still existed?

Maybe she just wants to go to the Academy or wherever- hardly Coppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fraudulent use.

Age restrictions are there for a reason.

Not a good idea to be honest op.

The Punisher of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Punisher of fun.

True though...
    Punish em all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Go for it OP, if the ID doesnt get you past the bouncers, just hurl abuse at them while waving a nagin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

Some things never change.
    I am 39 now, and when I was 14 I attended my first nightclub in London called The National in Kilburn. I used my 17 year old cousins doctored birth certificate as ID.
    Sometimes I wouldn't get in on the first attempt, but I would give it say an hour then try again when a different bouncer was on the door. I always got in, in the end.
    I wish the best of luck, and enjoy yourself. You are only 17 once and life is for living to the full. I had some of my best nights clubbing at 17; I remember it well even now 22 years later. Just rehearse your lines in the mirror at home many times before. So you are relaxed saying her date of birth and name as if its your own. Stare at the bouncers eyes when you talk, and you will appear confident and truthful. Lack of eye contact will give you away. Go for it is what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I was turned away with a passport at 29. It will be entirely ****ed off if you get away with it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Don't mess up and arrive with your aunties passport.

I was turned away with a passport at 29. It will be entirely ****ed off if you get away with it.

In my experience most people get away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Nothing ventured nothing gained, OP.

Also fair play for being cooler than I was at 17, I was nowhere near a nightclub in them days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

When I was 17, I looked nothing like my elder brothers. I had to use Brad Pitt's ID instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Depends on the club. You'll probably be grand though

Advertisement