Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is crime in your town/area?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭

I live in a small enough town and nobody has ever being murdered. A few years ago ago my brother used live in a housing estate in a suburb and a man was shot dead. It used be a nice enough estate but ever since it's gone hill. He doesn't live there any more.
    A few years ago in my town a women said she was raped/assaulted on the way home. However it was proven it was false claim.
    There have being a few incidents of guys having fights but there has never being anybody seriously injured in these incidents.
    There has being a few guys caught with small enough amounts of cocaine and cannabis for sale or supply or personal use.
    There's being a good few burglaries over the years. Schools seem to get targeted a good bit. The were a few bank robberies back in the 1990's.
    I feel very safe on my area and it's a safe area to raise a family.

How is crime in your town/area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

/pulls knife out of head

Not bad really! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Crime is grand, it keeps me on the streets and a few quid in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grand for now, I will step it up in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My area has had it bad the last 3 years ever since they took our Garda station away.

It's a tiny village in between two other slightly larger villages yet the crime rate is incredible.

Regeneration also affected the area with some not so nice families forced into the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are a few car robberies in the town every so often, but I don't really consider them robberies because it happened to those people that simply abandon their running car in the middle of the road to go into the shop. They deserve to have their car stolen, I've been tempted to steal their cars just to teach them a lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Is it a crime to be devastatingly handsome? If so I'd say levels are pretty rampant in my immediate vicinity :D *

* Sorry but you just knew someone was going to make a crap joke along those lines. Might as well be me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Custardpi wrote: »
    Is it a crime to be devastatingly handsome? If so I'd say levels are pretty rampant in my immediate vicinity :D

You are a crime against nature alright.

:pac:

(Disclaimer: I don't know you, and I'm sure you're perfectly lovely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Crime is bad where I live. When I was younger, burned out cars were somewhat regular. I know of more than 10 women raped in the last 5 ish years in the area, regularly enough see syringes around, fights are common, drugs are very common, house at the end of the road was pipebombed a few years ago.

But I'm safe here. I don't use drugs, avoid most people in my area, keep to myself and I've never had trouble here personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

It was always a wild town were I live,it seems to produce headcases,the massive drug problem doesn't help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You know those egg boxes at the side of the road where people just leave money for the eggs?

Somebody took a duck egg and left the money for a hen egg in one down the road for me about five or six years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

There used to be a guy living in my town and his knickname was 'Crime'. He's dead now, so he can't complain really

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

What with this thread, and the crime call one started last night, I'm wondering if the OP is an apprentice crim, carrying out some work experience research?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What with this thread, and the crime call one started last night, I'm wondering if the OP is an apprentice crim, carrying out some work experience research?

Yes, I'm planning to rob the bait shop and diner Alf!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chickarooney

It's very crimey. Very very crimey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Very little crime in my neck of the woods. I was warned, by a neighbour, that a man working locally was "just out of the Joy". He wandered over & admired my tools. He even suggested that I "take care of them". I pointed out that we didn't worry about that sort of thing & he looked puzzled.

I asked if he had been away. He replied "yes in America" :pac:
    I explained that he had obviously not heard about what had happened when we caught a thief. Another puzzled look. "Did you call the Guards" says he. Nah we just tied him up & took him on a midnight trip in the Bay. The colour literally drained from his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Regular armed checkpoints on my street.

And various kinds of scrounger, neer-do-well and urchin running amok all around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Fairly bad.

Ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Mr.S wrote: »
    The worst we get is teenage lads drinking along the canal :D

You also get heads and/or bodies in suitcases in the canal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

A pipe bomb went off a few doors down from us a few years ago.
    Someone in our estate got done for false imprisonment of a guard. His brother got done for assault of a guard on the towns main street.
    A load of petty stuff in the town but I don't remember the last murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Hurtbuthealing

Same as everywhere else , very little real crime and an over hyped fear of crime amongst the undereducated classes who depend on the the star and the sunday world for their facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

The worst we get is teenage lads drinking along the canal :D
    The scumbags in our area stole the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

The scumbags in our area stole the canal

The Feckers stole the crime stats in our area. Joke of a situation. On the other hand crime stats now stand at one on the new list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Magnificent. Only the best of crimes for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Actually yes, sorry now that you mention it, they did find a body in the canal about 10 years ago :(

And 3 months ago! Probably about 2 a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Fairly bad considering I live in a village. My neighbor threw his girlfriend out the window the other day. A lot of drug dealers from Dublin are living in the area now and there's all sorts going on.

Advertisement