Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retention of Till Rolls for 7 Years?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

My previous employer only seemed to keep 7 years of the 'End of Day' Till Printout Receipts. Current employer keeps 7 years of Full Till Rolls. ie. Every single transaction on the till for 7 years! They take up a large amount of valuable storage space. I reckon we can safely dump these as I believe its only the End of Day 'Z-Read' printouts we need to keep for the 7 years.

Who is correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SRASE

An electronic copy must be kept of all transactions if using an EPOS system and not just the end of day summary report. Revenue have a leaflet setting out the requirements for retaining cash register records - http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/cash-registers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looks like we're not freeing up that space anytime soon so :D even if we replaced the Till with a modern Epos system that could hold all that Data in memory for 6 years, we'd only be able to reduce the Till Roll storage by 1/6th every year for the next 6 till it was all beyond the retention period.

Thanks a million for that info and link SRASE.

Advertisement