Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus One from EU?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭

I need a new phone, thinking of switching from iOS to Android. I'd really like to get NFC if at all possible, and I need a high quality camera at the very least equivalent to an iPhone 5s. In fact, it would be nice if most of the spec is similar or better.

Looking at the One Plus One as it's in my price range, and the spec is still pretty decent despite it being superceded by new version. Couple of questions for you:
    1. Can I buy the One Plus One from the EU? Apart from the custom charges, getting it delivered sooner rather than later is preferable.
    2. Is the One the one, and if not what other options should be looking at in this price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

The OnePlus X might be also worth a look. It is a similar size to the iPhone 5s. If you buy from the official website it is shipped from within the EU, so no custom charges.
    Check the Chinese Android Phones thread for more information on similar spec models. I have a OnePlus One and it hasn't given me much issue in the last 2 years. The X has pretty much the same guts so I'm pretty confident in recommending it, especially with the expandable storage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Xenoronin wrote: »
    The OnePlus X might be also worth a look. It is a similar size to the iPhone 5s. If you buy from the official website it is shipped from within the EU, so no custom charges.
    Check the Chinese Android Phones thread for more information on similar spec models. I have a OnePlus One and it hasn't given me much issue in the last 2 years. The X has pretty much the same guts so I'm pretty confident in recommending it, especially with the expandable storage :)

The only issue I'd have is that it's missing NFC (same as OP2) which is a strong "nice to have" feature for me.

I was also looking at Elephone P8000 (on Amazon, which is nice) and the Vernee Thor which has a nice spec, low price but I'd have to wait quite a while for it.

Choosing an Android phone is a pain in the ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No comparison between OnePlus and Elephone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No comparison between OnePlus and Elephone

Can you expand on this a bit - which one is superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

OnePlus by far - Elephone's have good specs but are always buggy. New one may have improved although I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement