Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robins nest

Options
  • 26-04-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, need some advice about a robins nest with 5 chicks in my shed, ma + pa are gaining access through an open window to the nest which sits on a shelf about 2 feet from the window, the shelf is about 7 foot from the ground. We were delighted to see the robins nest there a couple of weeks ago but now the chicks have hatched, and ive read they dont fly immediately,it's going to be near impossible for them to get out of the shed, I think! I was wondering if putting some wood under the shelf with access to the window would be an idea, at the very least it would save them from a long fall to my shed floor, which to be honest, I have difficulty finding my way around, they'd have no hope. I'm making assumptions of course on the ability, or lack of,of the chicks, so advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I suspect they'll fledge just fine. If they leave the nest and don't fly out, you can always open the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I suspect they'll fledge just fine. If they leave the nest and don't fly out, you can always open the door.

It's doubtful they'd find the door.

Advertisement