Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cooker

Options
  • 26-04-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

So this may be a daft question but we just bought a new camper (:D )and the gas cooker has only 2 rings working so we have figured out there is no thermo coupler on 2 of them. I went to buy a replacement today and a friend who works with gas has said he would fit them for us once we have the part. When I went to buy the part, there are different mm sizes. Can anyone tell me is there a standard size in the camper or how I would find out.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

So this may be a daft question but we just bought a new camper (:D )and the gas cooker has only 2 rings working so we have figured out there is no thermo coupler on 2 of them. I went to buy a replacement today and a friend who works with gas has said he would fit them for us once we have the part. When I went to buy the part, there are different mm sizes. Can anyone tell me is there a standard size in the camper or how I would find out.

Thanks in advance

Make and model should be on it somewhere, dometic/smev/cramer and spinflo are the most common.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Thanks CrabbyPaddy, I had tried that alright but there is no name or anything on it. I guess I will just hav to try one and see how it fits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thanks CrabbyPaddy, I had tried that alright but there is no name or anything on it. I guess I will just hav to try one and see how it fits

All appliances must be fitted with a rating plate, this is normally located on the bottom/underside on the hob. Usually its a silver foil adhesive label with all the specific technical inforation relevant to that appliance.

A photo of the appliance my help identify it to some of the more knowledgable members here.

Cooker.jpg
    THis is a picture of the hole where the thermocoupe should come out.
    Should I just measure this and get smaller ?

Thanks
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Cooker.jpg
    THis is a picture of the hole where the thermocoupe should come out.
    Should I just measure this and get smaller ?

Thanks
    C
    It's the other end is the important bit there are all different seats and threads. Put up a photo of the complete cooker.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, maybe this is something that I just need to get done for me altogather. Anyone know anywhere in the Dublin area where I could get this done ?

Thanks
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thanks everyone, maybe this is something that I just need to get done for me altogather. Anyone know anywhere in the Dublin area where I could get this done ?

Thanks
    C

As crabbypaddy said earlier if you put up an actual picture of the actual appliance, people will be able to guide as to where is best to go. :)

Advertisement