Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus app

Options
  • 26-04-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find this totally unreliable lately? I commute by a double bus journey to and from work and used to be able to time buses to the minute. The last couple of months buses are arriving early or not at all.
    Anyone else experincing this or have I just been unlucky...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

lolo62 wrote: »
    Anyone else find this totally unreliable lately? I commute by a double bus journey to and from work and used to be able to time buses to the minute. The last couple of months buses are arriving early or not at all.
    Anyone else experincing this or have I just been unlucky...

I find the DB real time app very reliable with the odd exception.

Give the BE one a try. That's a complete nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In my experience it's not that there's any problem with the app, it's some individual routes and/or buses that are at fault - they're not feeding the real time data into the system. The 47 from Belarmine to Fleet St. is an example, sometimes the RTPI system says a bus is coming and it never shows up and other times there's a 'ghost bus' that isn't on the system but does show up. Though in fairness it's been a lot more reliable in recent months.

There is a saying in the IT world - 'Garbage in, Garbage out' - any system is only as good as the data that's fed into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

LastStop wrote:
    Give the BE one a try. That's a complete nightmare.

BE on TFI app works on most routes that the buses have wifi working on them,
    IR are an absolute embarrassment when trying to planning a route on any platform or app! I've had so many back-packer tourists complain to me about trying to plan a journey here I might as well write a book!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Personally I use the TFI app, find it better than the DB/BE ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Anyone have problem with seeing bus stops on maps part of app? Not working for few weeks, not sure if its my phone or app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

sabhail wrote: »
    Anyone have problem with seeing bus stops on maps part of app? Not working for few weeks, not sure if its my phone or app?
    Seems to be working ok - it wasn't last night for some reason.

Advertisement