Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly Station to Heuston Station when the LUAS is on strike?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello :)

I need to get from Connolly to Heuston on Wed 4th May. LUAS will be on strike. Can someone tell me what bus to catch and whereabouts is the stop in relation to Connolly please? Or would it be cheap enough to get a taxi? Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You could walk to Aston Quay (just beside O'Connell Bridge, about 10 mins) and hop on a 145 direct to Houston station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

afaik 90 bus stop would be slightly closer (Tara St station)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smuj2016

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You could walk to Aston Quay (just beside O'Connell Bridge, about 10 mins) and hop on a 145 direct to Houston station.
    afaik 90 bus stop would be slightly closer (Tara St station)

Thanks both. I was hoping for something outside of Connolly station, or near enough, as I'll have a biggish bag with me. Might have to get a taxi - any ideas of what it might cost, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

The 90 bus picks up outside Connolly and drops to Heuston. However, the service runs only from 7am to 10am.
    After that, the 145 from Aston Quay is the better choice.

The 90 bus picks up outside Connolly and drops to Heuston. However, the service runs only from 7am to 10am.
    After that, the 145 from Aston Quay is the better choice.
    That's a shame - I'd just miss it! Looks like I'll be using a taxi! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

smuj2016 wrote: »
    Thanks both. I was hoping for something outside of Connolly station, or near enough, as I'll have a biggish bag with me. Might have to get a taxi - any ideas of what it might cost, roughly?

~€8 - €10

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ~€8 - €10
    Ah, that's not too bad. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Check with Dublin bus if the 747 will take you from the top of Talbot Street if the luas is off.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Check with Dublin bus if the 747 will take you from the top of Talbot Street if the luas is off.
    Might be handy if they did; wonder what they'd charge though? I'll have a word with them, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Is it not just a 15/20 minute walk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Is it not just a 15/20 minute walk?

Nah, it's quite a long stretch of the quays to get to Heuston, more like 40-50 mins I'd say - add extra for bag weight.

A taxi shouldn't be too bad, it's bus lane nearly the whole way so there won't be much stalling in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Another option which would take a bit longer but no long walk would be to get off at Pearse Stn instead. The 25/a/b, 66/a/b, 67 routes stop on Westland Row directly opposite the main entrance of Pearse Stn.

Would it be workable and profitable for Dublin bus to extend the running time of the 90 bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭howiya

Would it be workable and profitable for Dublin bus to extend the running time of the 90 bus?

I'd imagine the luas when running took a significant amount of its potential customers

howiya wrote: »
    I'd imagine the luas when running took a significant amount of its potential customers

I ment when the luas is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I ment when the luas is off.

There aren't spare buses and drivers sat around waiting to be deployed on the odd occasion that Luas isn't running.

The same goes for increasing services on other Luas adjacent routes due to extra passengers and heavier traffic during Luas strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Vic_08 wrote: »
    There aren't spare buses and drivers sat around waiting to be deployed on the odd occasion that Luas isn't running.

The same goes for increasing services on other Luas adjacent routes due to extra passengers and heavier traffic during Luas strikes.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0603/792997-luas-ballot/

they should have sacked the lot of them

Advertisement