Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open fairways

Options
  • 26-04-2016 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anyone use the Openfairways card for discounts on Green fees? It's available on Groupon for 29euro (originally 184euro)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Anyone use the Openfairways card for discounts on Green fees? It's available on Groupon for 29euro (originally 184euro)

I have never used it myself but check out the link below to see what Golf courses accept the Open Fairways card.

http://www.openfairways.com/courses/?itemId=3

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

At €29 you could not really go wrong.

If you use it twice in the year it would warrant getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Seems like a great deal, but finding it hard to locate what the real savings on greens fees are?

I found the savings, have to click the golf course you want and it takes you to sample fees and restrictions.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was thinking of getting one a few years back so I phoned a few of the courses where I was thinking of using it.
    Some did not have a clue what I was on about and others said the discount was off the full rack rate, turned out that just booking directly with a course was as cheap so I didn't get one in the end

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

Ya I was thinking that there is no way to know what saving you might make until you call a club....Like slave1 one says, a quick call to a course directly will often be cheaper. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I used open fairways for a while, depends where and when u wana play, i played Millicent in Clane alot, €20 green fee reduced to €15. Knockanally is 2 for the price of 1.

All courses are different, i think Moyvalley discount is only for a fourball. Just check the course directory on the open fairways website, ring the club to confirm and then buy the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

As above, discounts are off the rack rate and most places you would get the same or better on the clubs website or golfnow.ie/Teetimes.ie. That said, its only 29 quid and I you get one good deal its paid for itself really

Advertisement