Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to replace battery Aztec alarm

Options
  • 25-04-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Just got quoted €85 to replace a battery on my 9 year old house alram. This includes vat. Is this too dear? Its an Aztec 63 alarm

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cheap enough for a call out service and battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

~~~20 Euro in your local electrical supplier. Some one on boards should be able to advise you what too do.I replaced mine last week simple job mine was a 12v7amp battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you fitted a 7amp battery then it wasn't to an Astec system.
    These panels are a bit more difficult than others. You have to remove the main PCB board to access the battery. The battery also has to go back in the correct way so as to protect the cables.
    I get calls every week to Astec systems along the lines of... My mate, brother, uncle tried to do it and now there's another fault.....
    But if the OP wants to have a go at it himself we will try to help as best we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭billyhead

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you fitted a 7amp battery then it wasn't to an Astec system.
    These panels are a bit more difficult than others. You have to remove the main PCB board to access the battery. The battery also has to go back in the correct way so as to protect the cables.
    I get calls every week to Astec systems along the lines of... My mate, brother, uncle tried to do it and now there's another fault.....
    But if the OP wants to have a go at it himself we will try to help as best we can.

Thanks Folks. I wouldnt be 100% confident in doing it myself so I will have to stump up the €85

Better safe than sorry when it comes to Astec panels. They are the easiest to blow but they can't be replaced anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement