Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting photos printed

Options
  • 25-04-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hope this isn't in a different forum but anyway... I used to be great to get my pictures printed but since the advent of smartphones, I haven't been as good. I know there's many options on where to get them done but where is the cheapest... is it through an app like fotostore.ie or is is cheaper to go into a pharmacy like Sam McCauleys or Boots and get them done there? I want just bog standard 6x4 maybe some 5x7s. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

murphy01 wrote: »
    Hope this isn't in a different forum but anyway... I used to be great to get my pictures printed but since the advent of smartphones, I haven't been as good. I know there's many options on where to get them done but where is the cheapest... is it through an app like fotostore.ie or is is cheaper to go into a pharmacy like Sam McCauleys or Boots and get them done there? I want just bog standard 6x4 maybe some 5x7s. Thanks
    If theres one nearby I find harvey norman the cheapest and quickest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I've always found Photobox.ie to be convenient, good quality and cheap. Looking at the site there now though it seems the price per print doesn't reduce as you order more. A single print (6x4) is €0.16 but I usually did an annual print off of 300+ photos (not all for me, I'd usually give a bunch to family... photos of their kids, etc.) and I'd get em at something like €0.08 a print. Disappointing to see they don't have those prices anymore, though they offer a 25% if you order more than 75 prints... so €0.12 a print. That's still a good price... but don't forget the postage which will add on about €0.02 per print.

That's still a good deal when you compare to the likes of Harvey Norman (just cause they were mentioned) which costs €0.20 per print.

Boots pricing structure seems a tad confusing (from their site) with "40% off" and "50 free prints when you order" offers advertised but little information on the price per print. Their headline "Starting at €0.08 per print" sounds great though. You have to register though to see what the actual costs are... so it might just be a flashy price to get you in the door and then it jumps up...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

Bacchus wrote: »
    I've always found Photobox.ie to be convenient, good quality and cheap. Looking at the site there now though it seems the price per print doesn't reduce as you order more. A single print (6x4) is €0.16 but I usually did an annual print off of 300+ photos (not all for me, I'd usually give a bunch to family... photos of their kids, etc.) and I'd get em at something like €0.08 a print. Disappointing to see they don't have those prices anymore, though they offer a 25% if you order more than 75 prints... so €0.12 a print. That's still a good price... but don't forget the postage which will add on about €0.02 per print.

That's still a good deal when you compare to the likes of Harvey Norman (just cause they were mentioned) which costs €0.20 per print.

Boots pricing structure seems a tad confusing (from their site) with "40% off" and "50 free prints when you order" offers advertised but little information on the price per print. Their headline "Starting at €0.08 per print" sounds great though. You have to register though to see what the actual costs are... so it might just be a flashy price to get you in the door and then it jumps up...

Ya I agree. It's confusing. Like you I'll likely be printing a large enough volume so would like to see some discount. I also saw the Boots site but there are codes you can use to reduce the price at the checkout so maybe I might try them. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fizzoo12

I was checking prices of A3 prints and they are crazy money. 20 Euro a print here in Longford. Anyone know of a cheaper printing service. I was looking for 30 prints on matte papaer ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

20 quid, jeez thats a lot i only charge 9.50+vat on lustre

• Advertisement
Advertisement