Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eTA for visiting Canada

Options
  • 25-04-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am going to be visiting Canada for a little over 3 months this Summer (end of May to end of August).

According to this site I will require an eTA to do so. Is this correct? Thanks. Hopefully it'll be approved in 2 weeks or less if I go ahead with it!

Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yes you will require an eTA. The process is straightforward though approval is not instant like ESTA but it usually comes within 48 hours.

Just be careful to use the official site, there's a few "agency" sites around like there are for ESTA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

I'm about to apply for the eTA, but I have a question about the documents needed to enter the country.

They of course say that you need a passport, but at the following URL: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/travel-voyage/td-dv-eng.html#_s2b under Identification requirements for international visitors, they say:
    We remind all travellers you must carry proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification.

What? Really? Do I really need my birth certificate? Does anyone know if the passport plus a EU driving licence would be enough or not? I'm an Italian citizen and Irish resident and at most I can apply for a State ID pretty easily, but a birth certificate or certificate of citizenship... I don't even know how long it would take or how to do it quickly from here :confused:

Do you suggest bringing a bank statement and other documents to prove I'm living in Ireland and I'm simply visiting Canada as a tourist for a week?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Your passport is proof of citizenship. You don't need to bring anything extra.

Advertisement