Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

support group for single fathers

Options
  • 25-04-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for a support group for single fathers.
    My partner with whom I have a son, decided to split up with me. I’m Unmarried Father and as I know unmarried fathers do not have any automatic legal rights in respect of their children.
    As she told me she does not want sign the statutory declaration for joint guardianship. I believe in what she said - because I know her.
    My partner does not have any particular reason for not giving me the legal rights. I behave in accordance with the standards. She does it unreasonably to maintain complete control over our son.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

• Registered Users Posts: 11 monaghanmen

Only joined boards. Have you organised, custody, access, maintenance etc now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

hipper wrote: »
    Looking for a support group for single fathers.
    My partner with whom I have a son, decided to split up with me. I’m Unmarried Father and as I know unmarried fathers do not have any automatic legal rights in respect of their children.
    As she told me she does not want sign the statutory declaration for joint guardianship. I believe in what she said - because I know her.
    My partner does not have any particular reason for not giving me the legal rights. I behave in accordance with the standards. She does it unreasonably to maintain complete control over our son.

You have a right to guardianship. Get onto the courts

Advertisement