Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC Build

Options
  • 25-04-2016 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is my first post on boards but after looking around on the internet with no real progress I decided to come here for help.

Im looking to build a PC in about 6-8 weeks. I have a little bit of saving done but I am not sure what I should be getting yet. I would like to start off without spending a stupid amount of money but hopefully in the future I can do a bit of upgrading.

Budget: €800 or there abouts.

the main purpose for the build will be gaming.
    unfortunately I dont have any parts I can use yet so i will need to get nearly everything.

now I havent built a PC before so im not sure if my budget is too low. I only need this PC for gaming and nothing more... yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Budget is fine for a PC, will get you one to do a couple of years no bother, can you fill out this questionnaire please?

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanecc93

1. What is your budget? [€800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (fallout, Cs:go, witcher, dont have to be ultra high)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [no]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [20'/22']

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? yes I need a Keyboard, Wireless Card, Card Reader

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? CC, Laser

9. When are you purchasing? [6 weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [West Dublin]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shanecc93

1. What is your budget? [€800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (fallout, Cs:go, witcher, dont have to be ultra high)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [no]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [20'/22']

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? yes I need a Keyboard, Wireless Card, Card Reader

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? CC, Laser

9. When are you purchasing? [6 weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [West Dublin]

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Perfect

Monitor €150
    1tb HDD €40
    500w PSU €60
    Case €50
    120gb SSD €60
    8gb DDR4 RAM €50
    H150 board €50
    i5 6400 €170
    R9 380 €200
    Total €830

Price of individual components should bring you under €800, or very close to it

Windows 7 can be gotten from reddit for €20 and upgraded to 10 if you want

Any other questions, ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Junes not a bad time to build. Hopefully alot of people selling their graphics cards upgrading so you might pick up a bargain on one.

This is not a bad monitor for the price. Sahttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BDBWE0Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1461575262&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Iiyama+ProLite+XU2390HS-B1&dpPl=1&dpID=41lu3ZwA-BL&ref=plSrch#y
    153 euro.

Psu link 60 euro. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018ILWI52/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461576115&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=be+quiet+500w&dpPl=1&dpID=41lPKtxLMAL&ref=plSrch#

It's all pretty straight forward and prices be around what digital posted . Get yourself a parcel wizard set up if you don't have one already.

If you've any more questions closer to your build time hop back on here. remember prices change with currency and other factors. Not always down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

If your genuinely getting into pc building/gaming. I've an r9 290 and a 500w corsair power supply ill give you at a huge discount to help you along. Every little but helps and I appreciated the help I got here when I had PC issues.

Advertisement