Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white speckled pigeon @ Terenure/Harolds Cross Rd

Options
  • 25-04-2016 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Ive a few pigeons that call to me every day for the past year, 1 of them had a mate but she dumped him for another male that looks like her. this was around February , he would try chase him away then eat with her until she would fly away and other times sit at my window looking over at them on the roof next door, pretty sure he was depressed! I presumed pigeons stuck together. there was a young pigeon that appeared 1 day with lots of white in its feathers but never came back, thought that might have been his offspring. the new couple have 1 offspring thats approx 5 weeks old

12790929_10156716609210604_1201512661934512686_n.jpg?oh=173017b150da42edf05e4176086991d1&oe=57BC60C5

just curious if anyone has seen this guy around the end of Harolds Cross Rd/Kennilworth area, not really sure where to post this

maybe someone caught him? havent seen any birds of prey in my area and he was the alpha. tho in the beginning he wasn't but I fed him well and he got bigger

theres no ring on him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Thanks!

What a randomly nice, and uplifting, post. Enjoy ye pigeons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just thinking out loud as it were. Are pigeons like lions, ie. When the Alpha male looses his number one spot is he driven out of the territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud as it were. Are pigeons like lions, ie. When the Alpha male looses his number one spot is he driven out of the territory.
    I havent noticed that, he wasnt getting in fights with the other males for a while before he went missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No, there is no lion-like alpha male situation with pigeons and, unlike the myth, they do not mate for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If I was him, I wouldn't have stuck around either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement