Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Club

Options
  • 24-04-2016 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, please feel free to advise me on where to post this if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm currently a student studying social care, my goal is to become a youth worker. I am also training to be a leader with Foroige.
    Right now I volunteer at the local Foroige club in my tiny town. This club is held in the community center in which we pay to use for the hour and a half. Recently the "manager/caretaker" has doubled our fee but also has restricted our use of the place.
    For example, I run the art section in which we would hold in a small room but now he locks the room and said it couldn't be used due to it being used to store furniture (it's not).
    Myself and the other leaders have tried reasoning with him but he won't budge.
    So what I'm looking for is advice on how to handle this. What he is doing I feel is unfair, not to us as leaders but to the future of our community, the youths.
    What can we do? How do we handle this situation? He is so smug about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Who owns the centre? Sounds like a bit of a power trip by that person

• Registered Users Posts: 14 confused1991

PMBC wrote: »
    Who owns the centre? Sounds like a bit of a power trip by that person

It's the parish community centre... so I'm guessing the priest would be a higher head than him. Yeh I was thinking that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

I think you should go that route, so. But first of all, if you don't know him already, find out what he is like,

Advertisement