Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help from anyone who has used EEG?

Options
  • 24-04-2016 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi there, recently got accepted onto a masters for a psychology related course. For my research proposal I hope to look at event related potentials using EEG. Have some experience using EEG, but very little. In people's experience, will support be given during masters, and proper training provided to learn how to analyse the data properly, and use the machinery correctly, spectral analysis etc, or will I be expected to learn this myself, and know what I should be learning in relation to it myself?
    Did some work using it in my undergrad, but was given only the bare minimum to get by with it, and what I did learn was done by trial and error. Was given very little feedback on whether I was doing everything necessary, so am left feeling a little unsure as to whether this will be the same in the masters?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially from people who have learned how to use EEG correctly! Please tell me how you learned, and whether you were given proper training!

Thank you :)

Advertisement