Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Srixon vs mizuno

Options
  • 24-04-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    I am in the process of deciding on new irons and looking for some input. I have narrowed down to srixon z745 and mizuno jpx 850 forged but am open to other suggestions.
    I am looking for anyone who plays or played with either or any other feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I am in the process of deciding on new irons and looking for some input. I have narrowed down to srixon z745 and mizuno jpx 850 forged but am open to other suggestions.
    I am looking for anyone who plays or played with either or any other feedback.

Thanks in advance.

I've just ordered a set of JPX850 Forged, so should be getting them in the next 10 days, got fitted for them in American Golf. I was hitting them better than anything else I tried, but I didn't try the Srixons.

The shaft and grip upgrades are included in the price of the Mizunos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

THEFRIDGE wrote:
    Hey folks, I am in the process of deciding on new irons and looking for some input. I have narrowed down to srixon z745 and mizuno jpx 850 forged but am open to other suggestions. I am looking for anyone who plays or played with either or any other feedback.

Crazy crazy crazy.

You might as well say you were in the chemists today and saw some nice looking pills.

How do you seriously expect to get useful advice from complete strangers on an internet forum without any knowledge of how you play or how your game compares to theirs?

GET FITTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

First Up wrote: »
    Crazy crazy crazy.

You might as well say you were in the chemists today and saw some nice looking pills.

How do you seriously expect to get useful advice from complete strangers on an internet forum without any knowledge of how you play or how your game compares to theirs?

GET FITTED.

If he gets the clubs on advice from here and is struggling he will be able to get online lessons then from the gurus here too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He asked for advice in a discussion forum. Shock horror. If you've nothing to add then don't post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Crazy crazy crazy.

GET FITTED.

I have been fitted by foregolf and they have the mizuno. Local pro can fit for the srixon.
    More looking for some feedback from people who own the clubs and if they are happy etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Foregolf built my 850 forged. Really happy with them and very easy to shape with a good blend of forgiveness. I don't think I'll ever go back to a muscle back iron tbh.

THEFRIDGE wrote:
    I have been fitted by foregolf and they have the mizuno. Local pro can fit for the srixon. More looking for some feedback from people who own the clubs and if they are happy etc

Still meaningless. How others find the clubs has no relevance to how they will suit you.

The only thing that matters is how they work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

I have recently gone for a mix of Z545 and 745.
    Tried out both Z and JPX and I found for me the srixon was a little more forgiving on shots low on the face which is my typical miss hit.
    There isnt really anything between the clubs and it may just come down to which you prefer the look of at address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Can you not find a golf shop with a range so you can try them out side by side?
    I done that in Birr golfshop with mizuno jpx ez forged, AP2'S and Taylormade mc irons. The TM just felt better to me, it was clear after a few shots alternating between them. Good luck anyway.

Webbs wrote:
    There isnt really anything between the clubs and it may just come down to which you prefer the look of at address.

I would suggest that where the ball goes is more important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I just got fitted for JPX850 Forged in Birr and they are amazing clubs. I tried all that was there, even the Srixons, and in a number of shaft combinations and but for me nothing else came near the Mizunos 850 forged stats. Go hit them all and you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Still meaningless. How others find the clubs has no relevance to how they will suit you.

The only thing that matters is how they work for you.
    I can think of at least one good tip he could get here that has nothing to do with the way he plays golf and everything to do with the clubs themselves.

For example CharlieIRL has given some useful information on TM PSi irons that wouldn't be noticeable at a fitting session but would have long term ramifications if you bought them. Poor quality control or poor customer service would also be factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Foregolf built my 850 forged. Really happy with them and very easy to shape with a good blend of forgiveness. I don't think I'll ever go back to a muscle back iron tbh.

Mizuno don't give out components, they build the clubs themselves so unless Fore Golf took apart the clubs and rebuilt them, Mizuno built your clubs.

I can think of at least one good tip he could get here that has nothing to do with the way he plays golf and everything to do with the clubs themselves.

For example CharlieIRL has given some useful information on TM PSi irons that wouldn't be noticeable at a fitting session but would have long term ramifications if you bought them. Poor quality control or poor customer service would also be factors.

Fair enough but I don't think either Srixon or Mizuno have quality control problems that will only be identified in a web chat room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Fair enough but I don't think either Srixon or Mizuno have quality control problems that will only be identified in a web chat room.
    I wouldn't have known about the issue CharlieIRL had without his pm to me and a GolfWRX thread he pointed me to. I still haven't seen any reference to it anywhere else. I believe strongly that forums like this give valuable consumer advice that wouldn't be available elsewhere unless through blind luck.

I fully agree that suitability of clubs can only be ascertained through experience of them, though a lot of glowing reviews would have a bearing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Yes I spoke to CharlieIRL too as I was considering rhe rsi. That exactly what I was looking for, feedback on any underlining issues. It seems that both the srixon and mizuno are well built clubs and both highly regarded.
    I looked at both in detail and loved the chrome finish on the srixon but preferred the mizuno at ball address.

Went for the mizuno in the end. Dealing with Derek from foregolf won me over. Never pushy, gave me great advise and answered all the question I had ( there was a lot :))

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What's the issue with TM PSI'S? Have seen a few posts before and chat being brought to PM. If there's an issue could it not be made public?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Mizuno don't give out components, they build the clubs themselves so unless Fore Golf took apart the clubs and rebuilt them, Mizuno built your clubs.

Im pretty sure, although i could be wrong, that Foregolf have a deal with mizuno and they do supply the components. I got my irons there and i did see quite a few mizuno heads loose in the workshop. i dont think Foregolf would say they are building the clubs if they werent, they are not those type of guys. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

etxp wrote: »
    Im pretty sure, although i could be wrong, that Foregolf have a deal with mizuno and they do supply the components. I got my irons there and i did see quite a few mizuno heads loose in the workshop. i dont think Foregolf would say they are building the clubs if they werent, they are not those type of guys. IMO.

I know for certain that Mizuno don't supply components. If they built the clubs they did by taking an assembled club apart and building it with other components.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

PARlance wrote: »
    What's the issue with TM PSI'S? Have seen a few posts before and chat being brought to PM. If there's an issue could it not be made public?
    I think it's the RSi irons rather than the PSi irons (although they share the same feature). A Google search brought this up.

I think you have to be logged in to the GolfWRX forum to view the pictures though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Yes I spoke to CharlieIRL too as I was considering rhe rsi. That exactly what I was looking for, feedback on any underlining issues. It seems that both the srixon and mizuno are well built clubs and both highly regarded.
    I looked at both in detail and loved the chrome finish on the srixon but preferred the mizuno at ball address.

Went for the mizuno in the end. Dealing with Derek from foregolf won me over. Never pushy, gave me great advise and answered all the question I had ( there was a lot :))

Glad you got the clubs your happy with, there really is so little to choose between the Irons in that category be it Mizuno, Srixon, Titleist, Callys.
    Shame Foregolf dont do the Srixons but sounds like you got a great service from them.
    Despite an earlier comment out of context from someone, the look of a club at address is an important personal factor once shaft etc a sorted as the performance of these irons are almost identical.

Advertisement