Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 Help Please

Options
  • 24-04-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi
    I have the above alarm system but i need to change a few settings. What i want to do is be able to turn it on without the pir's working. Ie keep the dog in the house while we go out. We have it set to do that on 0#7 for at night, but if I try that and open the front door to go out it wont set at all. I need to know exactly what i have to do to change the setup. It would be handy to set it for 0#8.
    The other thing i need to know is, I have the garage set on "block b" but the keypad squeels for 30 seconds whilst setting. Is there any way to shorten the setting time?
    I have the engineers code so I just need to be told exactly what i need to do to alter these 2 things,
    Perhaps KoolKid or Altor could you help please
    Thanks in advance

matt68 is online now Report Post

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For the house you need to set the PiR zone to be excluded in part set A and B. Then set up part set B as timed so you have time to leave if you want to.
    Do you have the engineer manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Its System Options Menu
    Part Set Options.
    Part Set B Exit Time......set this to Yes.
    Part Set B Exit Buzzer....set this to Yes.

You will also have to set whatever beams you want off as Part Set B....Yes in Zone Options.

The above will function when you press 0#8 while leaving the house.

Health warning....of course this allows your dogs to roam, Intruders will be able to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 matt68

Thanks for your replies KoolKid and kub.
    So Kub "You will also have to set whatever beams you want off as Part Set B....Yes in Zone Options" Would I be correct in thinking you mean "zone options" in the "zone menu?"
    In relation to my garage set time on "block B" do i set this to zero somewhere in the "timers menu?"
    Sorry for all of the questions but this alarm stuff is new to me, I believe in asking if I dont know and try and learn something, and it is thanks to you guys I am getting there!!!

Matt68, did you actually install that system yourself? Just with a query like that whereby you could be inhibiting more than half your system, it might be a good thing to let your installer know about it.

kub wrote: »
    Matt68, did you actually install that system yourself? Just with a query like that whereby you could be inhibiting more than half your system, it might be a good thing to let your installer know about it.

No kub, I wired it all and fitted the pirs and sensors etc but another guy programmed it

• Advertisement

matt68 wrote: »
    No kub, I wired it all and fitted the pirs and sensors etc but another guy programmed it

I see so you are ok to take responsibility if anything was not to activate in the event of a break in with so many detectors inactive?

So Zone Options is indeed in Zone Menu.

Is there a separate keypad and entry route into your garage?

Yes, after all, all of the windows and doors would still be active. Unless of coarse you can suggest an alternative way of keeping the dogs inside, without locking them into one room!!!
    Is there a type of pet friendly PIR maybe?
    In regards to my garage, it is detached and there is no keypad in it. I operate it from the keypad in the house
    Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

matt68 wrote: »
    Yes, after all, all of the windows and doors would still be active. Unless of coarse you can suggest an alternative way of keeping the dogs inside, without locking them into one room!!!
    Is there a type of pet friendly PIR maybe?
    In regards to my garage, it is detached and there is no keypad in it. I operate it from the keypad in the house
    Cheers
    There is an option to turn the pir sensitivity down to low, I was told this was a pet option.. But I have a bichon in the house the downstairs pir doesn't detect him, but for some reason the upstairs one does he he goes up the stairs(this is when I have a full set on. Dono how it works with bigger dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Maybe he is hotter after climbing the stairs.

Lenny wrote: »
    There is an option to turn the pir sensitivity down to low, I was told this was a pet option.. But I have a bichon in the house the downstairs pir doesn't detect him, but for some reason the upstairs one does he he goes up the stairs(this is when I have a full set on. Dono how it works with bigger dogs

That is only available on some makes of PIR's, if someone has dogs below a certain size professional installers specify ' pet immune beams ' as opposed to mucking about with sensitivity and making the system vulnerable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement