Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering books from Amazon.uk

Options
  • 24-04-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I will be visiting Ireland in 2 weeks for a 3 week stay and was wondering if you have to pay a duty or V.A.T. on books purchased at Amazon.UK that are sent to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I will be visiting Ireland in 2 weeks for a 3 week stay and was wondering if you have to pay a duty or V.A.T. on books purchased at Amazon.UK that are sent to Ireland.
    You shouldn't get charged anymore than you are charged by Amazon. You won't be charged for importing books or anything like that. You will Probo be charged delivery. Best bet is to stick with books that qualify for super saver delivery (rather than individual sellers) and aim for more than €30 (I think) and you'll get free delivery. Delivery can really add up if you use a number of third party sellers through Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Because you will be buying into Ireland, Amazon will charge Irish VAT rather than UK VAT. No duty will be charged as you will be buying within the EU.

As a previous poster said, keep your purchase value high and you will get free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 HenryCrun

Ireland and the UK charge 0% VAT on printed books. Most other European countries charge the reduced VAT-rate (between 5 and 15%).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leocolceathrar

Thanks all.

Advertisement