Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toad in a hole.

Options
  • 24-04-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

So I've got a pallet with a tarp covering it out my back garden. It is overspill of my wood burning supply. Last autumn I discovered there were frogs in there so stopped using it. I suppose the insects in there are perfect for them. I'm coming to the stage where I can moderate my wood supply now though and I want rid of the pallet.

I don't really want to upset the little fellas though. There's about five of them in there and no ponds around that I know of.

Any suggestions on how to deal with them without upsetting them too much?

I am in a relatively urban housing estate I may add. There is a field up from the house but they had to navigate some alley ways to find their way into my garden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just leave some cover - wood, stones etc - in a shaded spot and they'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Got some shots of my lodgers. Are they just common frogs or do I have anything special occupying the garden?

384713.jpeg
    384714.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Some common, but rather underfed, frogs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There's no end of wood lice, snails, slugs, spiders and anything else in there. There's no end of goodies

Advertisement