Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1 'Through The Night'

Options
  • 24-04-2016 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭

Continuity presented...where the best bits of the daytime Radio 1 schedule and the hourly news are presented, just wondering are the continuity links live or are they recorded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

I'd have thought live...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

There appear to be fairly regularly breakthroughs at 2.00 a.m. with both news headlines and programme introduction running in tandem. I get the impression that things might be working on timers that are incorrectly set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The continuity is live from Dublin. How do I know it's live? Well, it's had to stand in on the odd occasion when the recorded feed has laid over and died on them. AFAIK the programme feed comes from Cork which may explain the time overlaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

So is there a technician in Cork who is pressing buttons at the wrong times? Or are things on timers in Cork, with no synchronising signal going to the studio in Dublin?

Whatever is happening, it is fairly frequent, and it seems very amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It's a feed from a PC and yes I agree that it's amateurish. When it comes from Cork the Late Date theme often has a bit of a time lag on it as well.
    So is there a technician in Cork who is pressing buttons at the wrong times? Or are things on timers in Cork, with no synchronising signal going to the studio in Dublin?

Whatever is happening, it is fairly frequent, and it seems very amateurish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭squonk

Seriously, would it not be too hard to broadcast the whole thing from the one spot and just have the continuity staff press pause with a mouse when a show ended to do their link, add in the news and press play again? Am I just being overly simplistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 happym

Hi, wondering if the change from repeating daytime programmes to rate"gold" is permanent...if so it is awful, cra,p ****e....and if I paid a licence I' d stop it..
    It was a chance for nightowls to catch up, and gold seemsto bbemostly synonymous with effin disco.
    Signed,
    Disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 32 happym

The dumb predictive put in rate instead of RTE Gold, sorry
    Disg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Thank god they got rid of Liveline crap , the out of date items of Sean O Rourke and the 4am crap and Tubs . I wish RTE Gold was on from 2am every night .

I do pay a licence fee and glad they have changed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

its a very good change , however the rte gold playlist is very tight, bigger selection needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

I assumed they were live. Does anyone know if the Mike Ryan doing the overnight continuity a couple of weeks ago was the former 2fm dj i.e Gerry Ryan's brother?

Advertisement