Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The silver case coming to PC.

Options
  • 23-04-2016 9:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It a very surprising bit of news Grasshopper have announced they are bringing Suda 51's classic adventure game to steam fully localised into English. The original was released on PS1 in Japan only and is considered a bit of a classic. They've also said if it sells well they will bring over the mobile only sequel and possibly a port of Flower, Sun, Rain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silver_Case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Looks interesting. Never heard of this before.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    fully localised

By who? 'Localisation' has a censoring conotation with it these days in gaming.

Too bad it's only steam they're bringing it to. Looks like the kinda thing I'd rather have a gog copy of or something. It might release DRM free even on steam, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Da fuq did I just watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

By who? 'Localisation' has a censoring conotation with it these days in gaming.
    No, just high profile Nintendo releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No, just high profile Nintendo releases.

It's not a matter of platform but who is on their localisation team or who they contract for it. Although I doubt such an old game will get censored... stranger things have happened. People like Clay Murphy are a dime a dozen in the industry right now, willing to re-write 'culturally unacceptable' plots.

This game seems niche and is fully Japanese made-for and has adult themes which is why I find it interesting but also makes it the prime target of any Murphys if there are any on-board with whoever is handling the localisation. I'm not too worried, though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No mention of who is translating it, I'd put money on 8-4 doing it though. They have mentioned some changes though but just to puzzles that don't make sense outside of the Japanese language. I'd say the localisation will be good, Suda 51's games have arrived with little change and he is usually very hands on with the process.

It's coming to the playlist store as well which is drm free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demo up on steam now. Early impressions are that it's bat **** insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I played a few hours of this in Japanese years back (Silver Jiken) and it was a load of tedious nonsense. I find Suda 51 very hit-and-miss to begin with.

Advertisement