Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving to work parking

Options
  • 23-04-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi guys if working in the O'Connell Street area. Is there anywhere to park your car? And if so, what prices per day etc. would the car parks charge or is the bus the best option. I live in Santry btw thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Of course there are car parks and of course they charge. You won't find a car park in the city centre that doesn't charge. The going rate is about 3 quid per hour. Getting the bus would be much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

16/a into town.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Leap card too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hi guys if working in the O'Connell Street area. Is there anywhere to park your car? And if so, what prices per day etc. would the car parks charge or is the bus the best option. I live in Santry btw thanks.

If I have to drive in, i pre book parking through Park Rite. Works out at €8/€10 a day depending on which one you use.

From Santry, it would be €2.05 each way in to town. The bus can also use the bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Jaysus you'd be mad to drive that, even in off peak times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd cycle in.

I work around Dublin 1 and cycle in from around the same place. Just buy two locks for the bike that are decent and you'll be fine. Around 20 mins on the bike. BTW I have a car and a motorbike and still cycle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think nearest free parking would be Phoenix Park or there may still be some parking near Three Arena region.

Advertisement