Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta 2007 front wiper bracket

Options
  • 23-04-2016 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

After using a car wash this morning and then turning on the front wipers, the driver's side broke. I pulled in amto have a look and the bracket which holds the blade in place has snapped.

At the moment I've turned off the auto wipe and as there is just the hook at the end of the arm. Where can I buy a replacement? I know Halfords have the blades but is that just the actual blade or does it include the holder/bracket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Wheety wrote: »
    After using a car wash this morning and then turning on the front wipers, the driver's side broke. I pulled in amto have a look and the bracket which holds the blade in place has snapped.

At the moment I've turned off the auto wipe and as there is just the hook at the end of the arm. Where can I buy a replacement? I know Halfords have the blades but is that just the actual blade or does it include the holder/bracket?

That plastic piece comes fitted to new wiper blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Thank you. I was being a bit of an idiot and thought it was just the rubber strip when you buy new wiper blades.

Bought a front set and replaced both sides. Broke a little plastic clip off the driver's side when I was fixing it but it seems very sturdy so I should be ok. New wiper blades are so quiet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Wheety wrote: »
    Thank you. I was being a bit of an idiot and thought it was just the rubber strip when you buy new wiper blades.

Bought a front set and replaced both sides. Broke a little plastic clip off the driver's side when I was fixing it but it seems very sturdy so I should be ok. New wiper blades are so quiet :D

just bought a ford fiesta 2007, loving it already, but finding it hard to het seat covers to fit this car

Advertisement