Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner unavailable, still play 2 man scramble format?

Options
  • 22-04-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Quick question for those who might know or have an insight!

Basically we have a League with 4 round format, next round is 2 man scramble but partner unavailable to play. Can individual team member still play with individual score effectively team score for the round? Sign in both players, both players names, handicaps etc on card but individual player plays (one ball) and his score counts as team score? Any complications other than the obvious of checking with organiser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Quick question for those who might know or have an insight!

Basically we have a League with 4 round format, next round is 2 man scramble but partner unavailable to play. Can individual team member still play with individual score effectively team score for the round? Sign in both players, both players names, handicaps etc on card but individual player plays (one ball) and his score counts as team score? Any complications other than the obvious of checking with organiser?

What are the rules of a 2 man scramble?

Do you have to use everyone drive X times? if so you might have to call your partners drive a "fresh air" and hit 2 off the tee on some holes.

Scrambles are not really in the "proper" rules of golf. So it would be down to the Committee/Comp runner to dictate the rules

In 4 Ball better ball, you could play as an individual but would still have to play off 90% of your H/C (up this year from 75%)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

None that I can think of.

Have often seen teams of 2/3 in a 4 man scramble. They usually dont do well, but I have seen it.

Your handicap would still have to be subject to the same handicap restrictions as are in play for the scramble. So if it's like 1/5 of the combined, if you play off 10, you'll have to play off 2.

if your partner is a 20 handicapper, you can't get his handicap added on as he's obviously not playing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Rikand wrote: »
    None that I can think of.

Have often seen teams of 2/3 in a 4 man scramble. They usually dont do well, but I have seen it.

Your handicap would still have to be subject to the same handicap restrictions as are in play for the scramble. So if it's like 1/5 of the combined, if you play off 10, you'll have to play off 2.

if your partner is a 20 handicapper, you can't get his handicap added on as he's obviously not playing with you.

No special conditions about x number of shots. I'm curious why partners handicap not included? He's entered and on card as part of the 2 man team, just not available so none of his golf shots will count but he's still part of the team including his handicap?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Partner available in the end so no problems, still be curious to why the individual couldn't play on his own with partner entered and on card including his handicap but for another day i guess! Thanks for replies.

Advertisement