Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practise at home

Options
  • 22-04-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is anything you can buy or get that you can practise your swing at home with ...I have a back lawn and would love to practise swing 30 mins a day for muscle memory ...but I would like to know if there is something that would let me know if my contact was good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Not sure if it this suits your needs or how effective it is but I came across it the other day:

http://theropeit.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

shane1981 wrote: »
    Not sure if it this suits your needs or how effective it is but I came across it the other day:

http://theropeit.com/

Looks good but it is just one ball at a time ..will.look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

You could try Nets , although with my driving accuracy I would for sure smack it of the crossbar and kill myself with the rebound

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

If you've got the space (and a very understanding other half;))

https://www.networldsports.ie/golf/golf-nets.html

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Be careful with nets. They are great for warming up in limited space and the likes but dont give a true feed back on ball flight.

I know someone who spent the winter practicing a crazy amount in a garage net he had rigged up only to find on his return to the course he had developed the perfect slice!

You want the muscles remembering the right thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Short game practice would be more beneficial have you considered building a chipping/putting green. There are lots of companies out there or if on a budget diy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Short game practice would be more beneficial have you considered building a chipping/putting green. There are lots of companies out there or if on a budget diy it.

Out of curiosity can anyone ball park the cost of one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Ronney wrote: »
    Out of curiosity can anyone ball park the cost of one of these?

Seen some small ones on adverts for 250€ but I'm sure it all depends on what you want size wise. Worth while investment imo if you have thd space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Prices ................ www.artificialgrass.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I like the look of rope-it although 40$ seems a bit excessive. Seems there's no where in Ireland that sells it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 rsteve

get an old car tyre and start hitting it with an old club as you would a golf ball
    and its all free

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Delbhoy1974

Hi, I bought the powerchute off Ebay for practice in the garden last year. Find it very good for building up muscle memory.

you can see a video for it on youtube. (Sorry first time post and can't copy the link!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

I drilled a hole in a ball, and tied a rope to it.

it lasted about 30 good irons, got tangled up in everything, even stuff it shouldn't reach, wasn't worth the effort in the end.

and you need a good surface to hit off. A piece of good quality carpet tile lasted no longer than the ball..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

whizbang wrote: »
    I drilled a hole in a ball, and tied a rope to it.

it lasted about 30 good irons, got tangled up in everything, even stuff it shouldn't reach, wasn't worth the effort in the end.

and you need a good surface to hit off. A piece of good quality carpet tile lasted no longer than the ball..

The craziest idea for golf at home that I've ever heard of.

Advertisement