Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redeployment

Options
  • 22-04-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I am currently nominated for compulsory redeployment from my school. However I haven't heard anything from the Department since early March. They said I would be told in either April or May whether I will be redeployed and to which school.

Has anyone here been through the process before? I'd love a better idea of the timeline involved. Getting kind of anxious now as we head into late April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

sitstill wrote: »
    I am currently nominated for compulsory redeployment from my school. However I haven't heard anything from the Department since early March. They said I would be told in either April or May whether I will be redeployed and to which school.

Has anyone here been through the process before? I'd love a better idea of the timeline involved. Getting kind of anxious now as we head into late April.

You could still be in the dark in a month's time, as it goes quite late into May before its all settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I know somebody who's being redeployed and they were told they'd be informed before the end of May, although they expect that is the latest, latest possible date. Contrary to the relevant circular, they were not told that "the teacher’s preference where more than one post exists" would result in their being consulted. Instead, they were told they'd be emailed the single offer and have 24 hours to accept or reject. That's it.

Officially, they've been told if they don't get on well in the new school/the new school doesn't get on well with them, they can apply to move school next year. If that's not a success, they're out on their own. However, actually being moved after the first year is, from people I know of who've attempted it, rare in reality. When it came down to it, one particular person was not overly impressed with the two people who are over the redeployment process as they refused to facilitate their request to move. More specifically, there are very precise conditions under which one can be moved after year one, and this person did not do their research on what those conditions were and therefore the redeployment people refused to accommodate them.

It is indeed a worrying time, sitstill, especially the thought of ending up in a school where politics has poisoned the atmosphere in the staffroom, or where the principal/deputy principal do not have the necessary skillset to lead a school. Other than that, it's possible (probable?) that it'll be a growing school and offer you new opportunities. I definitely benefited from being in a variety of schools, even if at the time I'd rather not have had particular experiences. Lastly, I'm almost certain you'll have to get Garda vetted once again, and the Garda vetting rules are changing any day now so keep a close eye on this page. As soon as the new system is up and running (I'd actually ring them on (01) 889 6400 to find out what's happening), apply as you'll be waiting longer if you wait until, say, June when considerably more people are also seeking Garda vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I haven't been through the process myself sitstill but I have seen jobs on educationposts aimed at the main panel. If there are any in your area it could be worth finding out what they are like. Someone is bound to know someone who could meet you and talk to you about the principal, children, parents etc. Best of luck and I hope you have some certainty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

A hypothetical, if anyone could provide some clarity then that would be amazing:

With the circular saying you can request redeployment anywhere within 50km of your school, could a CID holder potentially move to a school in a different ETB e.g from Limerick/Clare ETB to Cork ETB?

Many thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

A hypothetical, if anyone could provide some clarity then that would be amazing:

With the circular saying you can request redeployment anywhere within 50km of your school, could a CID holder potentially move to a school in a different ETB e.g from Limerick/Clare ETB to Cork ETB?

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, you can be moved from one ETB to another and even from ETB to Voluntary secondary or C&C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Yes, you can be moved from one ETB to another and even from ETB to Voluntary secondary or C&C.

I think circulars say that you could move around the secondary system, eg etb to voluntary, but I'm not sure that it's been done? I think they normally stay separate? Open to correction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Many thanks in advance!

In fact, it doesn't have to be from your school. You could put down any address at all in the republic as your "place of residence" and the 50km will apply to that.

Advertisement