Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a UK uni; what help can I get

Options
  • 21-04-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭

Hello there!

Going over to the UK in september to go back to university. I've been accepted onto a pre-registration Paramedic BSc over there. My tuition fees are being covered by the NHS. I'm almost guaranteed a job upon graduation.

I'm saving most of my current wages (full time job until August) right now and hope to try live off that for a while when over there.

Am I entitled to anything from Ireland? I'm not entitled to anything from Student Finance in the UK. I already hold a BSc level 8 degree from UCD.

I've been to AIB and they don't do an delayed repayment loans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mycroft H wrote: »
    I already hold a BSc level 8 degree from UCD.

As you already hold a bachelors its not a progression so no SUSI, otherwise you would.

If you were on the dole for 9 months and the UCD degree is 3yrs old then BTEA can exempt progression but they wont support you outside the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

ED E wrote: »
    As you already hold a bachelors its not a progression so no SUSI, otherwise you would.

If you were on the dole for 9 months and the UCD degree is 3yrs old then BTEA can exempt progression but they wont support you outside the state.

BTEA don't fund second degrees, who told you that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

doc11 wrote: »
    BTEA don't fund second degrees, who told you that nonsense.

I erroneously based that on a rule for L5 or L6, not 7/8.
    In certain limited circumstances BTEA can be approved where the applicant proposes to undertake a course of study leading to a qualification at either FETAC Levels 5 or 6 where the applicant already holds qualification at the same level or lesser level. In order for such an application to be recommended and subsequently approved, a Case Officer will consider their recommendation in terms of further professional/career development and the applicant’s overall job prospects and ensuring that the:

Advertisement