Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter doing my head in

Options
  • 21-04-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

So the last few days I've noticed that the amount of account I'm following has increased dramatically.

I googled this and I've gone through all the usual precautions, changing password, checking if there are third party apps automatically adding follows, blocking all additional accounts etc etc but nothing seems to be working.

More than 50 new accounts on my timeline today alone.

Has anybody experienced similar? Going off my head trying to get this sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could it be promoted tweets? They will show up whether you like it or not.
    Go through your "following list", did you add these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

biko wrote: »
    Could it be promoted tweets? They will show up whether you like it or not.
    Go through your "following list", did you add these people?

No it's not promoted tweets. These are people that I definitely didn't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had a look at my own list
    https://twitter.com/<biko>/following
    but all seems well.

Change password again and remove everyone you didn't want

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

biko wrote: »
    Had a look at my own list
    https://twitter.com/<biko>/following
    but all seems well.

Change password again and remove everyone you didn't want

Cheers but I've done that twice now and I've blocked all of them as well but there are still accounts being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,766 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Set up a new account or you could just leave twitter altogether and be better of for it. Personally I do not like it myself. Tried it once was not there long can,t see why people like it it is all over the place and is just head wrecking. Nope much better of without it. Facebook is enough and even it can be a right mess as well. It is nowhere near as good as it used to be but its still better than being on twitter which can,t be good for people. I have heard that there is people who work in the media that spend their whole day just looking at twitter looking to get a post or news that is interesting. I do not envy them it can,t be good on the brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

This is normal im afraid been going on along time. It also ha a habit of unfollowing people too

Advertisement