Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto x play wifi not sleeping

Options
  • 21-04-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭

I have a moto x play not rooted and when I check my battery stats the wifi is on constantly despite being set to always sleep. Any ideas what might be causing this.

I have checked a few things
    Scan open wifi is off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i think this could be the soluntion

Disable Wifi scanning into Location settings and reboot the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

What is your issue with having WiFi constantly on? Depending on your usage you can use less power by keeping WiFi on all the time.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    What is your issue with having WiFi constantly on? Depending on your usage you can use less power by keeping WiFi on all the time.

i am aware of that but its even staying on when its supposed to be sleeping.

irishgeo wrote: »
    i am aware of that but its even staying on when its supposed to be sleeping.
    How do you know when it's supposed to be sleeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Have you viber? By default it over rides you turning off wifi and keeps it on, check it in settings - general - wifi sleep policy.

• Advertisement

How do you know when it's supposed to be sleeping?

i suggest all night when i dont be using the phone.

I think i have it solved now.

irishgeo wrote: »
    i suggest all night when i dont be using the phone.
    Just because you aren't using it doesn't mean you don't have apps installed that are set to sync during the night and they prevent it from sleeping. Having WiFi on all night won't have much effect on your battery, apps running and using WiFi will.

Again, what is your issue with having WiFi on?

Just because you aren't using it doesn't mean you don't have apps installed that are set to sync during the night and they prevent it from sleeping. Having WiFi on all night won't have much effect on your battery, apps running and using WiFi will.

Again, what is your issue with having WiFi on?
    I know how android works don't patronise me. I am aware that using wifi is better than data.

I have found the culprit in Viber.

WiFi was using over 30% of the battery, now it's down to a more reasonable 10%.

Advertisement