Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TaylorMade Tour Truck Experience?

Options
  • 21-04-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Has anyone any experiences?
    It is on this Friday/Saturday @ Kinsealy Grange, Dublin.

I'm travelling over from Mayo and was wondering was it worthwhile before I make the trip.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

S' wrote: »

I'm travelling over from Mayo and was wondering was it worthwhile before I make the trip.

Essentially its a fitting/demo day. They will have all the Taylor made clubs there to try with a fitter giving you feed back on the numbers from the trackman/scope device.

They will have a huge range of shafts which is great till you find out the one your best suited too is a €350 upgrade option.

Are you going with a particular item you want to buy in mind, Driver, Rescues, Iron set, wedges?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭S'

Ronney wrote: »
    Essentially its a fitting/demo day. They will have all the Taylor made clubs there to try with a fitter giving you feed back on the numbers from the trackman/scope device.

They will have a huge range of shafts which is great till you find out the one your best suited too is a €350 upgrade option.

Are you going with a particular item you want to buy in mind, Driver, Rescues, Iron set, wedges?

Cheers Ronney,
    Irons mainly but would like to try drivers too.
    I'm thinking maybe PSI Tour irons & M1/M2 driver.

I have Mizuno MP68's irons & R9 driver at present. Looking for more forgiveness

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Book into Foregolf in Killeen Castle. Skip the promo truck. Best thing you'll ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hoboo wrote: »
    Book into Foregolf in Killeen Castle. Skip the promo truck. Best thing you'll ever do.

Have done both 100% not worth a trip from Mayo for the tour truck. Much better off in Foregolf

Cheers Ronney,
    Irons mainly but would like to try drivers too.

I have Mizuno MP68's irons & R9 driver at present. Looking for more forgiveness

Not sure how long a time slot they allocate in these trials but I would say you are most likely only going to have time for 1 area Driver/irons.

Last fitting I did was for Irons (titleist out in carton) and it took about an hour. Also got to hit the ball of my choice, not to sure how good feed back you can get with range balls when it comes to things like ball flight and spin compared to a prov1 or the likes.

As mentioned before Fore golf is the probably the best option for fitting in the country as they have a range of clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I've got a set of M2 irons. Fantastic clubs. Forget all the extra distance crap, they go the same length if not a tad shorter than previous my RS1's but they are very easy hit. I used to suffer from a low ball flight but getting these good and high now.
    BTW - I got fit for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Russman

Op, I went last year when the tour truck was over. Its good and interesting, and funnily enough I was best fit with the TP upgrade shaft.
    If you're going to be over in Dublin, then go for it. Would I drive all the way from Mayo for what is essentially not much more than a demo session hitting trial clubs ? Absolutely not, but each to their own.

IMHO, for your irons, find somewhere that has the Mizuno DNA swing analyser thingy (there's a section on their website to do that), take your shaft recommendation from that and then decide what make/model of head you like and use that as a starting point. The analyser doesn't know/care what head you use so you're not limited to Mizuno but you'll know what iron shafts are likely to fit you best.

Isn't there somewhere in the midlands that does trackman fittings ? Birr maybe, can't remember. Might be closer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,881 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Anyone try the M1 - I hear it goes 300 yards and is 600 quid or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Anyone try the M1 - I hear it goes 300 yards and is 600 quid or something like that.

How far does the ball go?:P

I know that's what I'd be doing any time I drove arseways after forking out 600 rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

600 yards and it'll be 300 quid next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Dr Devious

The only way most people will drive it 300 yards is to hit on the M1 and hope you get a good downhill kick on the rock hard asphalt to help roll out the extra 70 yards.

One of the advantages of the Tour truck is I think they can make your clubs up there and then for you to bring home.

Other fittings usually result in waiting a few weeks for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Dr Devious wrote: »
    The only way most people will drive it 300 yards is to hit on the M1 and hope you get a good downhill kick on the rock hard asphalt to help roll out the extra 70 yards.

Or hit it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Ronney wrote: »
    One of the advantages of the Tour truck is I think they can make your clubs up there and then for you to bring home.

Other fittings usually result in waiting a few weeks for delivery

Not any tour truck I have been at, you basically order them from mcguirks or halfpenny whichever of them are hosting the tour truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Russman wrote: »
    Op, I went last year when the tour truck was over. Its good and interesting, and funnily enough I was best fit with the TP upgrade shaft.
    If you're going to be over in Dublin, then go for it. Would I drive all the way from Mayo for what is essentially not much more than a demo session hitting trial clubs ? Absolutely not, but each to their own.

IMHO, for your irons, find somewhere that has the Mizuno DNA swing analyser thingy (there's a section on their website to do that), take your shaft recommendation from that and then decide what make/model of head you like and use that as a starting point. The analyser doesn't know/care what head you use so you're not limited to Mizuno but you'll know what iron shafts are likely to fit you best.

Isn't there somewhere in the midlands that does trackman fittings ? Birr maybe, can't remember. Might be closer for you.

Michael Horan in Birr does Trackman fittings. Never been but that's where he is alright.

Advertisement