Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link TL-MR3420 or Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Router

Options
  • 21-04-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am stuck between which of above devices to buy. From reviews both seem fairly competent. The xiaomi is dual band though but I read it cant accept and repeat/extend/amplify 5ghz signals so this feature seems fairly null and void in terms of my use for it as I planned on repeating from my huawei 5377 mobile hotspot, which can transmit both 5ghz and 2.4ghz signals. As far as I know the usb port on the xiaomi will not accept a dongle whereas the tp link does.Both items are the same price too. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont repeat. Thats the first step.

If you want extended coverage spend and extra couple quid on homeplugs. No point using 5Ghz to increase speed only to halve it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ED E wrote: »
    Dont repeat. Thats the first step.

If you want extended coverage spend and extra couple quid on homeplugs. No point using 5Ghz to increase speed only to halve it again.

Ok my existing router doesnt have any ethernet ports etc so isnt repeating my only option? I dont know, Im new to this all

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Time to get a 4G/3G router instead of a Mifi which is designed to go in a backpack not cover a whole home so.

Huawei are the go to here.

Advertisement