Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does fetac points work

Options
  • 20-04-2016 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was just wondering how fetac points work I have got five distinctions so far in my Plc and my course in Galway is 5 distinctions to get in. Does that mean I got that course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JoeKickass

How hard is it to get a distinction in a plc ?

Anyone ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Afaik from when i did a plc it just means you met the minimum requirements for the course. As for quaranteeing you a place that usually depends on how many others have applied and their results.

As for how easy it is to get a distinction? that's a how long is a piece of rope question

Ya I suppose it depends on the student . Say now you compare it to the leaving cert . Is it harder to get over 80% in the leaving cert or over 80% in a module in the plc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Depends on the subject. Some modules are based on continious assessment and have no exam while others have a combination of assignment/classwork and final exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Owryan wrote: »
    Afaik from when i did a plc it just means you met the minimum requirements for the course. As for quaranteeing you a place that usually depends on how many others have applied and their results.

As for how easy it is to get a distinction? that's a how long is a piece of rope question

Not quite true, in fairness. There is a clear and detailed outline of the standard to be achieved in order to reach the required 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

As there is in the LC. However, like in the LC, some subjects/modules are easier to do well in. Modules which are all assignment based like Communications can be relatively easy to get a distinction in.

Advertisement