Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNC ADVICE

Options
  • 20-04-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am looking for honest independant advice on buying a Cnc flat bed router. I have a small shop which is in need of one. It would be poss 12 to 18 mths before in a position to buy. I would like to talk to someone with a lot of knowledge on the subject.
    I would like a flatbed nesting Cnc with ATC, at least 6/8 drill heads in the x and y axis, horizontal boring,either a C axis or facility to add one later and a slider to push/ drag pieces from the table.
    I have to many questions but here is a few pointers.
    1. Is it possible to buy an older machine and update the Pc side of things, circa say 2000/2004.
    2. Lots of global websites out there, risks importing used from US, CAN, AUS, one benefit I suppose is no Vat. Still digging our way out of the **** so funds are tight, can't afford new,v limited examples here, UK sterling prohibitive, what are the pro's/ cons of buying from these sites if I employed one of you guys to advise and poss travel to see/check out a running Cnc in Europe or further a field. Today for example I saw a 2013 biesse skil in CAN for around 40k so in my head with shipping, install etc say around 50k. This is still 25k cheaper than here for new which is huge.
    I don't want to spend 50k but it's just an example.
    3. Vacuum pumps, what size to suit nesting
    4. Extraction, would a 3 or 4 bag do for a few months until I could get another few bob together.
    Small shop so I'd say it would only be running maybe 2 days a week at start.
    5. What brands to consider and stay away from.
    6. Bed size, mostly 8X4 sheets but should I consider larger bed for say 10x4,10x6, and say worktop cut outs etc.
    Think that's enough for the minute.
    Any and all advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Feedback forum is for feedback relating to this site only. I could move this thread to an appropriate forum for you but to be honest I've no idea what any of that means. Googling CNC suggests that the Engineering forum might be a suitable home for your query, so I can move it there if you like, or somewhere else if you can provide a little more information (in layman's terms!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Binko

Apols, new to this please do, I did look at the options but didn't see any that suited,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

Advertisement