Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking fine. Had paid with Parking Tag app, but on wrong car

Options
  • 20-04-2016 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I got a €40 parking fine in Dublin but had actually paid for the parking through the Parking Tag app.

Problem is that I was in my wife's car and the app defaults to the last car you use (i.e. my normal car). So I had paid, but accidentally paid against the wrong car.

I ran up the road after the warden to explain the problem who said there shouldn't be a problem but that I'd have to write in and appeal the fine. The appeal letter has come back saying that the fine stands and that I would have had to confirm the car at the final step payment on the app. What with a 7 week old baby in tow that day, and tiredness I missed that confirmation pop up message.

Any idea what I can do here. I did pay for parking albeit by accident against the wrong car on my account. Out of principle I feel like I should dig in here and not pay this fine. I had paid for the parking on that street at that time.

The app defaults to the last car you use if you have multiple cars on account. Arguably it should first ask what car you are using if there are multiple cars in account.

Any thoughts on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't think you have a case here I'm afraid... the error was yours and you admit you missed the confirmation prompt (which while understandable with a newborn was still your error).

I'd just suck it up and pay it myself and be thankful I hadn't had to pay 2/3 times that for a clamp release.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

jconlon wrote: »
    I got a €40 parking fine in Dublin but had actually paid for the parking through the Parking Tag app.

The appeal letter has come back saying that the fine stands and that I would have had to confirm the car at the final step payment on the app. What with a 7 week old baby in tow that day, and tiredness I missed that confirmation pop up message.

Arguably it should first ask what car you are using if there are multiple cars in account.

Any thoughts on this please?

So you wouldn't have missed it if it came up first but you missed it because it came up last?

Your appeal was listened to and refused. Just pay the 40 quid.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Duplicate thread. OP, please don't post the same thread accross multiple forums

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement