Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Campervan Breakdown Cover

Options
  • 20-04-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am wanting to buy a large camper i seen on done deal ..i managed to get insurance cover as vintage but cannot get breakdown cover anywhere ...does anyone know of anywhere? Dolmen or stuart no good ..AA or Rac no good either ..its over 3500kg. I know there have been other threads on this but they mostly suggest the german company and they stopped doing cover in 2014
    Thanks for yer help :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

dowey wrote: »
    I am wanting to buy a large camper i seen on done deal ..i managed to get insurance cover as vintage but cannot get breakdown cover anywhere ...does anyone know of anywhere? Dolmen or stuart no good ..AA or Rac no good either ..its over 3500kg. I know there have been other threads on this but they mostly suggest the german company and they stopped doing cover in 2014
    Thanks for yer help :))

How I ng is your piece of string .. even ADAC have a weight / length limit but it much better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Try Richardsons, they're brokers for allianz

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dowey

Thanks Simona :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

What I meant in my post is how long/high/heavy is your van, big could mean anything.

FYI these are the ADAC dimensions:

the vehicle may not have more than 9 seats (including the driver's seat) and must not exceed a
    total width of 2.55 m, a total length of 10 m, a height of 3.00 m, a maximum gross
    weight of 3.5 t. The same applies to the attached trailer. All dimensions indicated
    refer to the vehicle including load. The trailer shall not have more than one axle.
    Axles with a distance of less than 1.00 m from one another are considered one
    axle. Cover shall also apply to mobile homes with a maximum height of 3.2 m
    including load and a maximum gross weight of 7.5 t.

What I meant in my post is how long/high/heavy is your van, big could mean anything.

FYI these are the ADAC dimensions:

the vehicle may not have more than 9 seats (including the driver's seat) and must not exceed a
    total width of 2.55 m, a total length of 10 m, a height of 3.00 m, a maximum gross
    weight of 3.5 t. The same applies to the attached trailer. All dimensions indicated
    refer to the vehicle including load. The trailer shall not have more than one axle.
    Axles with a distance of less than 1.00 m from one another are considered one
    axle. Cover shall also apply to mobile homes with a maximum height of 3.2 m
    including load and a maximum gross weight of 7.5 t.

Hi, yeah it's OK on all but the weight 3600kg .. It's a merc 709d. Hate having to pass it up because of 100kg .. Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi, yeah it's OK on all but the weight 3600kg .. It's a merc 709d. Hate having to pass it up because of 100kg .. Cheers

Also ADAC have stopped offering cover outside Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Also ADAC have stopped offering cover outside Germany

For any camper or just ones in excess of 3500kg?
    What about if you have an existing policy with them, can that not be renewed?

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    For any camper or just ones in excess of 3500kg?
    What about if you have an existing policy with them, can that not be renewed?

Not sure, I think it's just new business

Advertisement