Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student teacher subbing

Options
  • 20-04-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was just wondering it possible to work as a sub when studying for a PME in Primary Education or what are the rules regarding unqualified teachers subbing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

jbb123 wrote: »
    I was just wondering it possible to work as a sub when studying for a PME in Primary Education or what are the rules regarding unqualified teachers subbing?

Not sure about primary but I assume the rules are the same, you can not get paid from department unless you are registered with the Teaching Council and to register you need to have finished your studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

It is the same for primary. There is a shortage of subs this year but I imagine that will not be the case in September with a new cohort of BEd graduates.

Advertisement