Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts Clubs

Options
  • 20-04-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey. I've been looking around for martial arts clubs in Waterford but my hours are all over the place with work at the moment. I did boxing for a couple years but at this stage I'm willing to do any sort of martial art just to get back into something. Does anyone know of any clubs that have flexible opening hours?

Thanks lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Hey. I've been looking around for martial arts clubs in Waterford but my hours are all over the place with work at the moment. I did boxing for a couple years but at this stage I'm willing to do any sort of martial art just to get back into something. Does anyone know of any clubs that have flexible opening hours?

Thanks lads.

Hi.

Waterford Muay Thai run early morning classes.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6:30 to 7:30am.

They also have evening classes 5 days a week although I'm unsure of the time's.

And they do a Saturday class 11-12 I think.

They have a facebook page so get in touch through there and they'll fill You in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dom84

Hi

You could try Black Eagle Dojo: blackeagledojo.com or on facebook (cant post links yet)

They do BBJ Mon & Wed 18:00 - 19:30

Sin Moo Hapkido: Tues & Thurs 18:00 - 20:30 Sat: 13:00 - 15:00

NinJitsu Wed 19:30 - 21:00

Shaolin Kung Fu will start soon.

Pat also does private training sessions on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dom84

Hi

You could try Black Eagle Dojo: blackeagledojo.com or on facebook (cant post links yet)

They do BJJ Mon & Wed 18:00 - 19:30

Sin Moo Hapkido: Tues & Thurs 18:00 - 20:30 Sat: 13:00 - 15:00

NinJitsu Wed 19:30 - 21:00

Shaolin Kung Fu will start soon.

Pat also does private training sessions on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Len_Barlowe

Thanks Lads. I've checked those clubs and while they have some great stuff on offer the times don't suit me. I don't finish work until 8pm or 10pm 3 out of 4 weeks.

Any idea how.much the private training sessions are?

• Advertisement

Also, does anyone know what times and dates the judo.club in Waterford trains at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Any idea how.much the private training sessions are?
    I think about a 10er and there are also classes on Saturdays from 1 to 3, I have been training at Black Eagle Dojo for three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Also, does anyone know what times and dates the judo.club in Waterford trains at?

tuesday and thursday evenings. not 100% sure on time but i think its about 7pm - 9pm. i ll find out though

Once again I appreciate the replies. I've looked online but the information you've given I couldn't find. Thanks once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Once again I appreciate the replies. I've looked online but the information you've given I couldn't find. Thanks once again.

Ganbaru BJJ is run out of the Judo club in Waterford as well, although they are moving in a few weeks I think.

Might be worth having a look.

Judo club seems to have classes Tuesday and Thursday from 7.30 to 9.30.

Both have pages on Facebook

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ganbaru BJJ is run out of the Judo club in Waterford as well, although they are moving in a few weeks I think.

Might be worth having a look.

Judo club seems to have classes Tuesday and Thursday from 7.30 to 9.30.

Both have pages on Facebook

Ahh OK, that makes sense. I was going off of the site they have up.

Ahh OK, that makes sense. I was going off of the site they have up.

Really nice guys in Ganbaru. I've been down a few times and they are all very friendly.

I might head up Thursday and see what the craic is. Would I have to pay insurance and buy a GI if I was going the odd time? I might only be able to go once or twice every couple of weeks what with times in work. Not trying to sound picky or anything, I'd just be hesitant to shell out the bones of 100 quid if it was something I'd only attend every now and then. Working hours based around American clients is a killer man T_T You're living to work essentially. It's even gotten me back on the smokes again.

I might head up Thursday and see what the craic is. Would I have to pay insurance and buy a GI if I was going the odd time? I might only be able to go once or twice every couple of weeks what with times in work. Not trying to sound picky or anything, I'd just be hesitant to shell out the bones of 100 quid if it was something I'd only attend every now and then. Working hours based around American clients is a killer man T_T You're living to work essentially. It's even gotten me back on the smokes again.

If your going to do Judo you'll need a GI.

If your doing BJJ you can train without one for the time being (new people in our club only tend to buy a GI once they know they'll stick with it).

Advertisement