Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students... AKA; full time mad bastards

Options
  • 19-04-2016 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

There was some trash on RTE2 there hosted by Dr.Pixie from embarrassing bodies and it's all about sex ed and sti's and the usual stuff these shows rehash. The thing is that it's all students and they're all playing the "I'm mad" card. In the sex booth or whatever they call it, they're all answering questions about numbers of sexual partners etc and a load of them follow up the answer with "well I'm a student... sorry mum" and they're just about short of high fiving each other. Why do students insist on making an arse of themselves? In this day and age this stuff will come back to haunt them big time...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

They are young and free, once they use condoms and play safe, leave them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

In defence of students (a phrase I thought I'd never use), surely the real issue is that the kind people who go on these Embarrassing Bodies programmes are utter bell-ends who will do anything to get on TV.

Because they think college will never end and they'll never fly a desk or wear suits or go to interviews or have mortgages or kids or pay taxes.

They don't think things out that much and are used to living their lives publicly via facebook so they don't give it a second thought until it's too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They are young and free, once they use condoms and play safe, leave them at it.

In one of the segments, most of them didn't know how to put one on!

This thread and the "When did you realise you were old?" thread....

Just sayin'.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Because they think college will never end and they'll never fly a desk or wear suits or go to interviews or have mortgages or kids or pay taxes.

Ironically, one fella listed pregnancy as a sti...

smash wrote: »

Life is a sexually transmitted infection, and it's always terminal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

They're more concerned about their status among their peers right now than they are about their future employment prospects. To be perfectly honest, I think they'll be as quickly forgotten about as... well, anyone that's ever been 'famous' for five seconds before they were quickly forgotten about.

The only person who's done well for herself out of Tallafornia for example has been Kelly Donergan, and that's only because she made a name for herself on the bikini fitness modelling circuit. Her Tallafornia days are irrelevant to her career at this stage. Those students will be the same.

Candie wrote: »
    Life is a sexually transmitted infection, and it's always terminal. :(

That's deep! And dark!

That's deep! And dark!

And true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Doesn't sound like this show will harm their employment prospects at all then, clearly not the brightest bulbs in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Students is as stupid does, but is anyone else irritated almost to the point of violence by the notion of someone going around the place called "Pixie McKenna"??

jimgoose wrote: »
    Students is as stupid does, but is anyone else irritated almost to the point of violence by the notion of someone going around the place called "Dr. Pixie McKenna"??

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

FYP :D

Grrrrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There was some trash on RTE2 there hosted by Dr.Pixie from embarrassing bodies and it's all about sex ed and sti's and the usual stuff these shows rehash. The thing is that it's all students and they're all playing the "I'm mad" card. In the sex booth or whatever they call it, they're all answering questions about numbers of sexual partners etc and a load of them follow up the answer with "well I'm a student... sorry mum" and they're just about short of high fiving each other. Why do students insist on making an arse of themselves? In this day and age this stuff will come back to haunt them big time...

Those who talk about it most...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some students Accents are either being put on to get a laugh off the lads or there accents are not meant to imply intellegnece lol

Kildalton college prob has the most intelligent sounding students lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The worst public transport nightmare I've ever had to endure - and I've been on those minibuses in Kenya they cram 40 people into - was sitting across from four Northside girls that went to UCD.

I swear to God if I'd heard the word 'like' one more time...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

When yer a full time mad bastard, you don't have to!! Them's the rules. Totes amazeballs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

The worst public transport nightmare I've ever had to endure - and I've been on those minibuses in Kenya they cram 40 people into - was sitting across from four Northside girls that went to UCD.

I swear to God if I'd heard the word 'like' one more time...

I know like, I was walking like behind a girl like and she like said like after 3 or 4 words like. It's like really like annoying like. How does a person like have a like conversation with a person like that like like like like like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

a load of them follow up the answer with "well I'm a student... sorry mum" and they're just about short of high fiving each other.

And they'll be the ones who aren't getting any.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

I hated students when I was a student and I hate them now. As you say it's all about proving what mad bastards / mad hoors they are.

Nothing but talking about drinking and the hangover and the hangover cure. Insufferably boring ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

They are young and free

Love is a battlefield.

Advertisement