Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box issues

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I bought my Dad one of these Android Boxes

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/De-M8S-Android-TV-Box-2-G-8-G-Dual-band-2-4-G-5-G/32461721052.html

The box is giving intermittent issues with some Apps and I'm looking for some advice. For instance when he loads Netflix he gets an error stating 'Could not load data'. When running add-ons in Kodi he just gets blank lists. Similar issues occur with other apps. Other times they are all fine, when one doesn't work they all don't.

My first thought was that it was connectivity issues, but I'd installed Teamviewer on it and I can connect remotely when it's playing up. Unfortunately my teamviewer sessions get ended once Kodi is launched but I can see the issues on the other apps.

I tried deleting the cache and restarting the apps but to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

masterK wrote: »

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/De-M8S-Android-TV-Box-2-G-8-G-Dual-band-2-4-G-5-G/32461721052.html

The box is giving intermittent issues with some Apps and I'm looking for some advice. For instance when he loads Netflix he gets an error stating 'Could not load data'. When running add-ons in Kodi he just gets blank lists. Similar issues occur with other apps. Other times they are all fine, when one doesn't work they all don't.

My first thought was that it was connectivity issues, but I'd installed Teamviewer on it and I can connect remotely when it's playing up. Unfortunately my teamviewer sessions get ended once Kodi is launched but I can see the issues on the other apps.

Any ideas or suggestions to try?

all i can suggest is a factory reset and a clean install

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

all i can suggest is a factory reset and a clean install

That was really my last option due to the time it will take, but failing anything else I'll have no other choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

masterK wrote: »

Just open the Google Play Store app in Settings/Apps, and clear the cache of that app. I'd say the problem is with the play store.

But yes, my first instincts were the wifi, and was going to ask you what its like on ethernet!

Just open the Google Play Store app in Settings/Apps, and clear the cache of that app. I'd say the problem is with the play store.

But yes, my first instincts were the wifi, and was going to ask you what its like on ethernet!

I'll give that a bash.

I ran a speed test while remotely connected and was getting 35Mbps over Wifi so don't think that's the issue, unless there is some sort of packet loss.

Quick update for anybody that has a similar issue. The issue turned out to be the date and time settings. Even though I'd set it to GMT and sync automatically the box kept getting a date in 1975 causing the apps to behave weirdly.

I couldn't find any way to get it to automatically sync date and time consistently so I just manually set it and it seemed to do the job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement