Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In a bit of a pickle

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Ok so I'm turning 18 on the 26th of this month. I only just recently sent off for my passport and I lost my provisional license so I don't have any photo ID at all. I wanted to book a hotel room for the weekend of my birthday so I have somewhere nice and close to town to fall into while half pi$$ed. My question is can you pay for a hotel in cash or is there any way you can get it paid for without using a bank card, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

pay in cash and keep winking when they ask for ID

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

you'll need a credit or debit card and as your young they'll probably want photo ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

pay in cash and keep winking when they ask for ID

Masturbating in the hotel reception will prob not help his situation, nor his crossover into adulthood mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Bring a lady friend and ask can you pay cash, by the hour.

Hotels love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Most hotels will accept cash, but you won't be able to order stuff to your room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Most hotels will accept cash, but you won't be able to order stuff to your room.

while you can pay cash they'll look for a card or deposit on the room as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

while you can pay cash they'll look for a card or deposit on the room as well.

I rarely ever use a credit or debit card to pay for hotels and I've never once had a problem paying with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

B+B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Most hotels request a card to just be swiped through their system without being charged but you can pay cash for the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

nerobert wrote: »
    Ok so I'm turning 18 on the 26th of this month. I only just recently sent off for my passport and I lost my provisional license so I don't have any photo ID at all. I wanted to book a hotel room for the weekend of my birthday so I have somewhere nice and close to town to fall into while half pi$$ed. My question is can you pay for a hotel in cash or is there any way you can get it paid for without using a bank card, thanks!

If you're only half pi$$ed - may as well go home.

I was totally sleutered on mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Loads of Debs book in for the night AFAIK. Dunno how they manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If you're only half pi$$ed - may as well go home.

I was totally sleutered on mine :D

Far from hotels I was on my 18th!

In fact, I woke up miles from anywhere with no idea where, or who I was! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Stay at a friends/the gutter of the nightclub.
    Or get a B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Tombi! wrote: »
    Stay at a friends/the gutter of the nightclub.
    Or get a B&B.

What's the difference between paying for a hotel and paying for a b&b?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭cml387

Why can't daddy stump up for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The B&B is less likely to require the credit card, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Hotels usually require proof of ID and a card, debit or credit. B&B is less likely to ask for either. But there's also the fact a B&B is less likely to be okay with you stumbling in at 4AM so you might want to check that first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Tombi! wrote: »
    Hotels usually require proof of ID and a card, debit or credit. B&B is less likely to ask for either. But there's also the fact a B&B is less likely to be okay with you stumbling in at 4AM so you might want to check that first.

Yeah this.

Plus I'd sooner be apolagising for all the sea of puke and torn bed sheets to an inpersonal hotel manager, than Bridie Scroggett's personal domain. Or am I completely out of touch with 18th parties? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

How times have changed. When I was 18 we got a banana and a half pint of shandy in the pub, and a day off gathering spuds.

It's far from booking hotel rooms with credit cards I was reared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

They take cash with a large cash deposit (usually around €100) if you don't have a card. I know that as I managed a club that had B&B upstairs and quite often they would get asked could rooms be booked by cash (usually by business folk having affairs and not wanting it showing up on their bank statements).

Or what you could do is get one of your over 18 mates to get a Skrill card (or other prepaid debit card - there's lots in shops like Spar now) and get them to book the room in their name and just use that card on the night. Then give it back to your friend and say thanks.

Oh and happy birthday for the 26th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

But who will pay for the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I have never been asked for ID when checking into a hotel. Paid cash plenty of times and only once had to hand over a card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Put a bottle through a window of the hotel , Gardai will have a room for you for the night .None of this poncing around with ID ****e either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭LeBash

A hotel really wants the card incase you thrash the room. A B&B owner will more than likely hear it and knock the boll1x out of ya if you are wrecking the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go up to some cougar and say "I turned 18 today". She'll let you stay at hers.

Advertisement