Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change and Previous study

Options
  • 19-04-2016 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated!

I've thought about a change of career for some time (currently working in IT), one of the things holding me back is the thought of starting from scratch in education again. I never got a degree but rather jumped in and out of education while working. I have:

National certificate (Computing based) from an IT,
    Diploma in Computing (Open University),
    H. Dip in Business Systems Analysis (from an IT).

I understand that these qualifications have changed over the years but I guess my question is if I wanted to stuy in another field, would I get credit for this previous study? Would I be able to apply for a post grad course without a degree? Or would I have to use my previous study as credit and study for and graduate with a BSc. before switching gears?

Thanks!

Advertisement