Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E flow m50

Options
  • 19-04-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

So I went trough the toll on the 1st of March and totally forgot to pay it so I got a send letter out to pay the penalty of €47 that was 3 weeks ago it said I've 56 days to pay. I was gonna pay it this week I just had stuff on. Today they sent a letter saying to contact them or they will get the solicitors involved has anyone experience this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Thing is I can't pay till payday which is this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Have you got no credit on your phone?

Just ring them, they want their money not a court case. If you are lucky they will accept the same amount, send a cheque tomorrow and it will not be taken from your account until next week.

For future use as you appear rather forgetful I would suggest you register your car online so they can automatically debit your credit card at the end of each month for any use.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Have you got no credit on your phone?

Just ring them, they want their money not a court case. If you are lucky they will accept the same amount, send a cheque tomorrow and it will not be taken from your account until next week.

For future use as you appear rather forgetful I would suggest you register your car online so they can automatically debit your credit card at the end of each month for any use.

I just had stuff on my mind n forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Ring them and tell them you will pay for the trip through the toll.

Offer the price of the toll and don't offer anymore.

Tell them, look your not going to bring me to court over this tiny amount and i can't afford to pay it, It might take 2 or 3 calls but eventually you get someone who just waives the fee and you pay the toll charge only.

Missed a few payment deadlines myself and always say this to them and get the fee waived.

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Ring them and tell them you will pay for the trip through the toll.

Offer the price of the toll and don't offer anymore.

Tell them, look your not going to bring me to court over this tiny amount, It might take 2 or 3 calls but eventually you get someone who just waives the fee and you pay the toll charge only.

Missed a few payment deadlines myself and always say this to them and get the fee waived.

OK cool I'll try that

Advertisement