Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holmes Wright B lantern

Options
  • 19-04-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello! I just want to ask if anybody has any experience on the lantern testing platform? I might have to go for a maritime medical in the near future and I know for a fact that I will fail the Ishihara.

It would be great if somebody had this experience and passed the lantern having failed the Ishihara. But any information on how generally more difficult or easy the lantern test is would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

It depends on the criteria the testers are using - requirements vary between professions/industries. Some jobs require perfect colour vision, even in low light settings. If they require normal colour perception then failing the Ishihara means you will not meet the criteria.

If the job allows for slight (anomalous) colour vision deficiency then it may be possible to fail the Ishihara and then "pass" the lantern test with a lower score; unfortunately, I think that is unlikely.

Advertisement