Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start your own business scheme

Options
  • 19-04-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know if i can claim back my business related expenses if I am on start your own business scheme (excluded from paying tax for two years). Searched all over the forums but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dyanne

You can only 'claim back' taxes that you've actually paid, so, if you haven't actually paid anything to Revenue, then that would be a 'no'!

I know this thread is a tad old by now, but just incase anyone sees it, I presume the start your own business scheme is the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance scheme, and in that scheme you absolutely do have to pay tax for the two years.

You are entitled to a percentage of your Welfare payments (tax free, as welfare is taxed at source) during the two years, but you do have to pay tax on any earnings from your business.

Advertisement