Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon Image Space

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I have never uploaded anything to Nikon Image Space but I've started to get a little uncertain about making my photos safe, so I had a closer look. Their terms & conditions have this:
    XIII. Attachment of Intellectual Property Rights
    1. The copyright (including the rights to digital data) to all Posted Works that are his or her original creation attaches to the Member.
    2. The Member shall not exercise his or her rights against Nikon with respect to Posted Works.The rights to all information, content, images, video, music and other audio, and all other information presented on or software obtained via the Services (including that appearing in combination with or incorporated into Posted Works) attach to Nikon or to third parties who have granted Nikon permission under contract, and the Member is permitted to access and use said content exclusively for personal purposes in accord with the goals of the Services.

Did I read that correctly? Nikon, the provider of cameras used by professionals, want to use the products of their customers for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

bpmurray wrote: »
    I have never uploaded anything to Nikon Image Space but I've started to get a little uncertain about making my photos safe, so I had a closer look. Their terms & conditions have this:

Did I read that correctly? Nikon, the provider of cameras used by professionals, want to use the products of their customers for free?

Link to the entire T&Cs ?

IANAL but my reading of that is that you (of course) maintain copyright on anything YOU upload (point 1) and anything that anybody ELSE uploads (point 2) can't be used by you in anything other than a personal capacity 'in accord with the goals of the service' which means downloading, viewing, etc etc.

It looks like pretty standard boilerplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Here's the link to the T's & C's: https://www.nikonimagespace.com/conf/support/public/TermsConditions.do?utm_source=005&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=a12

As I initially read it, I interpreted the second part as referring to my posted photos, but your interpretation makes more sense.

Advertisement