Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Un-celebrity, un-threesome, un-injunction.

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

For the love of....whoever the hell.

Meantersay...is it ANYONE'S business?

Trying to imagine what it must feel like to see your sexual adventures in the headlines. Gawds, just imagine if every threesome or extra-marital ended up on the front page?

Fame or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Didnt do Kim or Paris any harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

katemarch wrote: »
    Trying to imagine what it must feel like to see your sexual adventures in the headlines.

"SEX GOD HAS QUEUES OF WOMEN LINING UP TO RIDE HIM"

...some day...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

katemarch wrote: »
    Meantersay...is it ANYONE'S business?
    It makes non-people famous, and no longer famous people famous again.

And the general public fall for the paper-based "click-bait" everytime! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

If you have pots of money the UK courts will facilitate you to take out a super injunction.

If you or I had something going on that the the UK papers wanted to print we would have no such luxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

smash wrote: »
    "SEX GOD HAS QUEUES OF WOMEN LINING UP TO RIDE HIM"

...some day...

Banter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I'm just back from lidl with 10l of oil and a paddling pool they had on special. Has anyone any ideas what I could do for the rest of the afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm just back from lidl with 10l of oil and a paddling pool they had on special. Has anyone any ideas what I could do for the rest of the afternoon?

See if David Furnish is free?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's like a candle in the wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

If you have pots of money the UK courts will facilitate you to take out a super injunction.

If you or I had something going on that the the UK papers wanted to print we would have no such luxury.

The injunction is not worth a fanny fart. I have no interest in showbiz or celebrities and even I know who is involved. All it does is attract attention to the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Apparently there's a person called Elton John who spends too much on flowers.

That's about as much as I care to know about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

gramar wrote: »
    The injunction is not worth a fanny fart. I have no interest in showbiz or celebrities and even I know who is involved. All it does is attract attention to the situation.

Yes, but you had to google to find out.

Odd though it may seem, plenty of people out there dont use computers too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is actually why these superinjunctions do work. The majority of UK people would have to go looking to find out that Elton John's husband has allegedly been sleeping with other men, possibly with Elton's agreement. And many wouldn't have even the slightest clue where to begin looking.

Because in general people stick to news sources that are local, not international. And follow people that are local. So even facebook users in the UK will tend not to see any discussion of it because the sources they rely on are all british.

The flipside of course is that it turns what is a minor non-story about a private relationship into something that's much bigger simply because it's now been blocked.

If Elton had done nothing to block it, it would have already gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I agree, it's sad, so sad, a sad sad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I follow news religiously and managed not to come across it. It's quite easy to avoid that kind of stuff if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

esforum wrote: »
    Didnt do Kim or Paris any harm

In this case I really dont want to see any video... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Interesting to see that if you look for stories related to Elton John in todays (British) media the only story related to him that they seem to be covering is how he's The King of Charitable Donations.

Bit of a strange coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Once I found out who was involved, I cared even less. God, listen to me. The bitch is back :(

Advertisement