Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new business plan.. your thoughts?

Options
  • 18-04-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I am planning to set up a business where people send me a photo or photos of themselves and i tell them the truth on the contents of those photos.

Friends, spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends and family can't be relied upon to give an honest appraisal.

So for €5 a time i will tell someone if they need to lose weight, how attractive they are, if a certain outfit suits them or not etc.

Comments

Don't give up your day job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

What happens when I send you a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

How can I invest in your amazing idea?

I want to buy 6 shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Candie wrote: »
    Don't give up your day job.

Candie is a Dream killer!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Can't wait to see your Public indemnity insurance quote!

You're planning to tell people that they are fat and ugly?

If I tell you I think your idea is terrible on so many levels will you give me a fiver? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I hope you've patented the idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

FortySeven wrote: »
    Can't wait to see your Public indemnity insurance quote!

You're planning to tell people that they are fat and ugly?

If I tell you I think your idea is terrible on so many levels will you give me a fiver? :-)

Only if they are fat and ugly. If they are not i will be telling them the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

So you wil be competing with 100 Likes on Facebook and charge for it? Yes definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

If you're going to have to tell some people they are fat and ugly, I'd suggest you get paid up front first.

A good example would be someone who is attempting the stubble or beard look and they send in their photo. Nobody is going to tell them that stubble and beards suits some people and not others and that it makes them look unkempt and dirty looking. That a clean shave would do them wonders. They may go out the next day and get a job or a girlfriend and their life changes for the better. All for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hang on, Gordon gekko is on the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Basically like Photofeeler

(Sorry OP)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If i get a premium susbcription of €10, can you lie to me instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I tell you what I think of your 'business plan for the special offer price of 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Tell ye what, take a quick photo of your business plan, send it on in to me here (along with a fiver) and I will tell you the truth about whether or not you should proceed.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's beyond rubbish and for that reason, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

after careful review - your business plan is a bit shit

your invoice is in the post

Letree wrote: »
    A good example would be someone who is attempting the stubble or beard look and they send in their photo. Nobody is going to tell them that stubble and beards suits some people and not others and that it makes them look unkempt and dirty looking. That a clean shave would do them wonders. They may go out the next day and get a job or a girlfriend and their life changes for the better. All for a fiver.

Perhaps try selling some of whatever you've been smoking instead?

Selling your opinion requires you to have some fairly substantial status behind you. I'm sorry but if you're not Victoria Beckham or similar then you'll be going nowhere with this.

If i get a premium susbcription of €10, can you lie to me instead?

I'm afraid not my business will depend on honesty.

Take another example a girl or boy who thinks they are better looking than they are and can't seem to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. I will be able to break it to them that they are only average looking and that they are badly dressed. I can tell them to stop aiming for very good looking people and to dress better. They may then pull someone within their own league move on with their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

My new business plan is reviewing other people's business plans online

The first consultation is free

Yours is a sh it sandwich OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Take another example a girl or boy who thinks they are better looking than they are and can't seem to get a girlfriend or boyfriend. I will be able to break it to them that they are only average looking and that they are badly dressed. I can tell them to stop aiming for very good looking people and to dress better. They may then pull someone within their own league move on with their life.

But what if their looks aren't the problem? Then they may not believe you and your whole business' integrity is called into question

OttoPilot wrote: »
    But what if their looks aren't the problem? Then they may not believe you and your whole business' integrity is called into question

If their looks aren't the problem then i would be telling them that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Well my competitor business tells people that looks arent everything and dress how younlike because its personality that counts. I only accept payment in hugs though.

A girl came into work last week with an outfit that was hideous and did nothing for her figure. And she actually has a pretty good figure. A few of the girls were telling her she looked great. I think they felt sorry for her. That got me thinking that people really need somewhere where they will get the unvarnished truth and not some bulls**t.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That got me thinking that people really need somewhere where they will get the unvarnished truth and not some bulls**t.

They aren't getting the unvarnished truth, they are just getting your opinion. What makes your opinion more valid than anyone else?

If someone sends a picture of them growing a beard and you arent a fan of beards you will give your biased opinion based on not liking beards. The girl that came into the office could have been wearing something that looked great, are you up on the latest fashion trends to be able to decide that shes not? A lot of your comments seem to be based on people dressing badly, looking bad or unkempt. So what makes you an expert in how people dress and look?

Axwell wrote: »
    They aren't getting the unvarnished truth, they are just getting your opinion. What makes your opinion more valid than anyone else?

If someone sends a picture of them growing a beard and you arent a fan of beards you will give your biased opinion based on not liking beards. The girl that came into the office could have been wearing something that looked great, are you up on the latest fashion trends to be able to decide that shes not? A lot of your comments seem to be based on people dressing badly, looking bad or unkempt. So what makes you an expert in how people dress and look?

The customer will be free to decide if my opinion resonates with them or not. Quite often they will know the truth anyway deep down.

Anyone who would pay 5 Euro for validation is likely to be a suicide risk when presented with an honest appraisal.

Double post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The customer will be free to decide if my opinion resonates with them or not. Quite often they will know the truth anyway deep down.

That's not answering my question - what makes you qualified to give this opinion on how people look in the first place? You want to charge people for it so your opinion must/should hold some value..otherwise you are just some randomer giving their opinion. So what qualifies you to give this valued opinion or are you just some randomer giving their unqualified opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

What's your policy be on dick-pics..? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Advertisement